We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Sea World worth it?

DC
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is Sea World worth it?

I like to plan trips so that every second is filled...as you can tell by the several posts over the last few days! My question...is Sea World worth it? I'm seeing quite a number of negative reviews. Would it be better to just go to the Birch?

Special Offer
Skip the Line: USS Midway Museum
379 reviews
from US$18.00*
US$23.00
San Diego Zoo
160 reviews
from US$54.00*
San Diego Harbor Dinner Cruise
98 reviews
from US$89.82*
San Diego Tour: Hop-on Hop-off Trolley
237 reviews
from US$39.95*
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,869 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Sea World worth it?

I have not read all the reviews but you have to remember that everyone enjoys different things. The Birch Aquarium is a small one dedicated to the local San Diego tidal area, kelp forest etc.

Sea World is a sea life amusement park with shows, interactive experiences, and sea life from many parts of the world.

Some people can spend an entire day/night at Sea World and some can spend half a day and get bored.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Sea World worth it?

I agree with riffsmom that everyone has their own opinion. My Personal opinion is I like going to sea world. As a local I used to have a season pass and some days would go for a few hours and some days go for the whole day! There is plenty to do there so I suggest you should go!!!

San Diego
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Sea World worth it?

Sea World is IMO overpriced(I worked at Sea World in 1986 and I thought it was ovepriced then, too). SW is currently around $65 for one adult ticket.......... and just as a comparison, Disneyland in Anaheim is around $75 for one adult ticket and DL is 3 times Bigger than SW.

The San Diego Zoo is just as big and fun as SW and is only around $30 one adult ticket.

f you really like Sea Life than SW is worth it at $65, but otherwise it may seem overpriced.

Edited: 20 February 2010, 03:38
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26,373 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Sea World worth it?

I've seem the word overpriced a few times here lately. "The Gas Lamp is over priced, Sea World is over priced". I always thought it meant that something was priced too high therefore preventing a sale. Like a home was overpriced, so the price was reduced and then it sold. Is Sea World not doing well because of their $65 ticket? If so I guess it may be overpriced, but if ticket sales are strong then it surely isnt overpriced.

Edited: 20 February 2010, 14:05
vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Sea World worth it?

imo, i would suggest you take in seaworld because they do offer a AAA discount of about $6 per person too. my girlfriend and her kids joined us for seaworld and she swore she was only going to stay for 2 hours, well she was wrong because she stayed for the ENTIRE day . there is so many shows and quite a bit to see for the day. as an adult without kids, i don't think i would spend $65 at seaworld but we have teenagers and they even enjoyed it.

if you have children, i say yes to seaworld, but if you have no children, i would think twice. i would rather be doing something else than watching the shows at sea world, but that is just me. i must say, the shows are all very enjoyable.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
370 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Sea World worth it?

Hi. I lived here my whole life. I've been to Sea World tons...Do you have children? If yes, then don't miss it! Having said that I still like it for all ages...my inlaws are in their 70's and always have passes. They go by themselves not with grandbabies. I don't know what your plans are for Zoo/WIld Animal park. . but if you can only do one I vote Wild Animal Park hands down! Also Legoland is way overpriced unless you have boys (ages 3-9) I'd pass on that place for sure. You can't go too wrong in SD, it's gorgeous here...almost all yr long. =)

7. Re: Is Sea World worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2010, 05:19