We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Prices

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
516 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Flight Prices

I just wnated to get a couple of people's opinions that have recently purchased tickets and the prices that they have paid. I'm looking at flying to San Diego from Dallas/Ft. Worth on July 22-25. The cheapest prices that I'm finding is $443 round-trip, nonstop. I know it's almost a month out so a lot of times the closer you get the high the prices but I just wanted to see if that is about as good as I am going to get being summer time and vacation season? Any opinions would help! Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight Prices

Seems like an OK price. But it is COMIC CON week, so that may make demand even higher than usual.

Missouri
Level Contributor
165 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight Prices

We watched prices for weeks and never did get anything less than $500.

If you like a road trip, you might consider flying into LA and driving down. At one point, I could have done that for around $300 but when I finally decided to book, it was about the same price so we decided to fly on in to SD.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
516 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight Prices

We ended up booking yesterday for $443 RT. It wasn't a huge difference having a layover for $30 bucks cheaper and it was even higher coming the weekend before or the weekend after. I think we probably got the best we were going to get being summer and families vacationing. I ended up using miles for one way so I only had to pay for a one way ticket which cost me about $225 so I lucked out a little bit. Thanks for your opinions though!

4. Re: Flight Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2010, 05:18