We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning a three night in San Diego

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Topic
planning a three night in San Diego

Hi I'm planning a three night stop in san diego before I imbark the cruise liners for Panama Canal Cruise , can someone tell me which is the best area to stay in these three days where I can enjoy the best of San Diego in short travel distance and short distance to the port too !

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,695 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: planning a three night in San Diego

The port is in downtown San Diego and only a few miles from the airport so quite convenient. There are many hotels at all different price levels from which to choose. IF you will not have a car during your visit then you can stay:

a-downtown -some hotels have bay views and some are more of a city environment , you can access hop on hop off bus and/or city bus/city lightrail,

and passenger ferry across the bay-walking distance to restaurants/bars

b-Little Italy-just north of downtown--also access to lightrail,restaurants/bars

c-Old Town--just north of Little Italy-center for public transportation and hop on hop off bus,and restaurants/bars

See: www.trolleytours.com for the hop on hop off bus tour

See:www.thebigbay.com and www.gaslamp.org

for hotel ideas and restaurants etc.

Feel free to ask about specific hotels when you have decided your budget.

Malta
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: planning a three night in San Diego

Thanks my friend and to go to the zoo from downtown is far

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,695 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: planning a three night in San Diego

The zoo is very close to downtown. Depending on where you stay you might even be able to walk. It is also on the hop on hop off tour.

IF you put Balboa Park into Google or put San Diego zoo into Google you will see a map.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,695 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: planning a three night in San Diego

I should add that you can also take a city bus to both the zoo and Balboa Park in which the zoo is located. There are also taxis.

Malta
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: planning a three night in San Diego

Thanks very much

6. Re: planning a three night in San Diego

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 08:18