We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have interview - need nearby hotel

Chicago
Level Contributor
488 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Have interview - need nearby hotel

Great news, forum friends, I got a job interview and it looks like I'll be making TWO trips to San Diego this month!

The interview is at Mesa College and right now I have to be there fairly early in the morning. I need a hotel recommendation that's close by. I'll be flying in late the night before, plus I'll be nervous, plus I'll be worried about traffic, plus I'll want to be there extra early! How close can I get?

Address is 7250 Mesa College Drive, if that helps.

Thanks! I'm so excited!

Special Offer
Skip the Line: USS Midway Museum
386 reviews
from US$18.00*
US$23.00
San Diego Whale Watching Expedition...
53 reviews
from US$42.00*
San Diego Zoo
160 reviews
from US$54.00*
San Diego Harbor Dinner Cruise
98 reviews
from US$89.82*
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have interview - need nearby hotel

Congratulations! I'm sure you're going to want to stay as close to the College as you can so as not to take any chances with being late for a morning interview. I'm sure you're choices are Ramada, REsidence, Hampton, etc. If you go to Yahoo and type in Kearny Mesa (place) San Diego CA 92111 it will bring up the location. Somewhere on the screen - lower left? - you can. Click on hotels and the radius in miles you want. It will tell you all the hotels within that radius. I'd look to see how far each one is from the college.

Also, I'd ask the Human Resources department if they had a recommendation.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,294 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have interview - need nearby hotel

Hi gracie, I did mapquest for you and the nearest hotel is a Sheraton at 8110Aero Drive. Then there is a Courtyard by Marriott at 8651 Spectrum Center Blvd. Last there is Homestead Suites at 7444Mission Valley Road . These are all within 2-3 miles of the school..good luck

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have interview - need nearby hotel

Ooops - I meant to say Mapquest - not Yahoo.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have interview - need nearby hotel

Congratulations, Gracie!! Mesa College is also quite close to Mission Valley - just a couple off ramps up Hwy 163. Though I don't usually recommend Mission Valley, if you stay at the DoubleTree in Mission Valley, you will be a block from the Hwy 163 on-ramp, and 2 exits from the Mesa College off-ramp. Quick trip. Good luck!!

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have interview - need nearby hotel

One of the nicest hotels in the area:

www.doubletree.com/en/dt/hotels/index.jhtml… - it would be 3 miles -you'll need to link the following two sentences to get a driving map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.847644,70.488281&hl=en&saddr=7450+Hazard+Center+Drive+San+Diego,

+CA&daddr=7250+Mesa+College+Dr,+San+Diego,+CA+92111+%4032.803456,-117.164240

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
693 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have interview - need nearby hotel

I would do the Courtyard on Spectrum. It is fairly new. I haven't been to the Hotel on Aero for a couple of years but last time I was there, it was getting run down. Since I work around there, many of the people coming into the office like the Hampton Inn

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Have interview - need nearby hotel

Great Luck Graciecc..Having had to pay your dues with those brutal Chicago winters,You are about to enter weather heaven...San Diego is real laid back..You will not even have to remove your lip or eyebrow ring for your interview(but you should).....

Chicago
Level Contributor
488 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Have interview - need nearby hotel

Thanks, everyone. How would the traffic be on a Friday morning driving from Mission Valley (probably Hotel Circle area) to the college? It looks like it's I'm staying an extra night and the budget for this is tight, so if MV is nearby, I think I'll try Priceline. The college is picking up some of the expense, but they max out at $500 and airfare alone was $430! I don't want to spend too much and have nothing left for the vacation to SD later in March!

Chicago
Level Contributor
488 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Have interview - need nearby hotel

I was too excited to wait, and I love using Priceline, so I went for it. Won the Sheraton Mission Valley for $63/night. The posted rate is $174, so that's a huge savings! Maybe the school will be impressed with my budget-minded approach. The hotel is 5 miles from the school, so I should be in good shape.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Have interview - need nearby hotel

Great price! You should be fine going North on 163 in the morning - and it's such a short distance. Most of the traffic (and lots of it) will be coming south on 163 - If you want to get out of Mission Valley for dinner, you're just a quick drive away from Adams Avenue Grill, which is just on the mesa behind the Sheraton. Camino del Rio east to Texas (about 3 blocks), right on Texas to the top of the (steep) hill (about 3 blocks), right on Madison (light at top of the hill), right on Mississippi (2 blocks), right on Adams, and you're there. A wonderful neighborhood restaurant, one of my favorites

http://www.adamsavenuegrill.com/area.htm

When are you coming? Can't wait to hear how the interview goes!!