We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Power outage

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Power outage

I wanted to watch the NFL opening at buffalo wild wings

Special Offer
Skip the Line: USS Midway Museum
386 reviews
from US$18.00*
US$23.00
San Diego Whale Watching Expedition...
53 reviews
from US$42.00*
San Diego Zoo
160 reviews
from US$54.00*
San Diego Harbor Dinner Cruise
98 reviews
from US$89.82*
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Power outage

Sorry, just have to wait for it to come back on... All of San Diego County, Southern Orange County, parts of Riverside County, and even parts of Arizona, plus parts of Mexico all lost their power. Hope it comes back on soon.

I can tell you the score is currently 14-0 Packers with 6:24 to go in the 1st period. (NBC decided to delay the start a half hour due to the President's speech, and had obligated to show some of the major bands that were scheduled for the Pre-game Show)

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Power outage

Bad news from the LA Times...

latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/blackout/

>>More than 1.4 million customers lost power during a blackout in the San Diego area, and utility officials said power might not be fully restored until Friday.

San Diego Gas and Electric said the outage appears to have originated in Arizona and that the agency is working with California power officials to bring the power back. Officials said the outages extended across Southern California and into Arizona and Baja California.<,

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,093 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Power outage

I should feel guilty. I am sitting directly in front of my air conditioner watching the bad news on TV. The city I live in (not Riverside) has its own power plant, which is a major source of the municipal funds. But I have a weird feeling we might be next to go. Yikes, hope not.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Power outage

RR, there is only one thing on my TV.... FOOTBALL ;)

News link can be done by the web. The last article I read was that there is massive Gridlock. The Airport (Lindbergh Field) is only allowing Incoming flights to land, and I presume airlines are re-routing some for their convenience to not have them stuck on the tarmac in San Diego. The San Diego Trolley Light Rail system is electric based, so stuck wherever they were at 3:38 PM PDT (when the Power outage happened), Traffic Lights don't work, etc.....

One reason I have a couple of battery operated radios, and even one that has a hand crank to provide power if the batteries die. Always try to have some decent amount of basic supplies, such as water and canned food on hand (with a manual opener) just in case this happens where I live.

Alas, my parents are stuck now without power in San Diego, planning to visit them Saturday, hope all is solved by then!

FYI, With 11 seconds to go in the 1st, The Green Bay Packers scored again, now 21-7 over the Saints in the NFL game.

Nashua, New...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Power outage

i am traveling on business... is there any places still open to eat/? i'm starving!!!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Power outage

Here is some news from the NBC Outlet in san Diego, looks like they have a back-up generator...

nbcsandiego.com/news/local/San-Diego-Communi…

>>There is no estimated restoration time.

More than 1.4 million SDG&E customers are without power, with millions of people affected by the outage. All other service providers have power. California Independent System Operator is helping to bring power back on.

An SDG&E official just stated, "We expect power to be out well into the night and into tomorrow in some areas."

A transmitter line between Arizona and California was severed, causing both major connections in the region, causing the outage. The extreme heat in some areas also may have caused some problems with the lines, according to SDG&E.

"Essentially we have two connections from the rest of the world: One of from the north and one is to the east. Both connections are severed," said the SDG&E official.

The FBI and SDG&E officials said the power outage is not related to the terror threat.<<

FYI, Saints just scored a Field Goal making it 21-10 with (;44 in the First Half.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Power outage

Alas, you might find some places selling things like snacks, but with withing food related now based on electricity, such as Fridges, and even the registers, I think your best bet would be your Hotel, which probably is make cold cut sandwiches.

Good luck finding a meal.

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Power outage

So sorry to hear of San Diego's power outage :-(

Things are great in Temecula - although sweltering under 104+ today - a/c running full blast and t.v. is broadcasting game! Going out to float around in the pool and watch the game until things cool down!

Current score GB 21 - Saints 17

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Power outage

Touchdown! - GB 28- Saints 17

LA
Level Contributor
10,470 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Power outage

C'mon - fess up

It was that induction cooker the fellow was bringing from India.

Told you so.........