We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town Inn to Transit Center

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Old Town Inn to Transit Center

My husband and I are spending our last 5 nights of our US trip in San Diego and have booked the Old Town Inn as it fits our needs and we do not spend to have much time in the hotel but like to have a few room facilities.

We are coming by train and will not have use of a vehicle whilst there so will be relying on public transport. This is our first time in San Diego.

The reviews are mostly good and I know it's a budget hotel but I am just a little concerned about the area and surroundings. Most reviews say it's safe but I can see it's right on the highway.

What I really want to know is if it's safe/easy to walk from the hotel to the transit center? I've looked at Google maps and it looks like you can cross as car park but is it safe to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Piglet :-)

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,599 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Town Inn to Transit Center

The are is not dangerous! It just may look lonely as there are some light industrial businesses nearby. There are traffic lights to help you cross the street so no worries!! It is not a highway just a busy street.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Town Inn to Transit Center

Thanks for your reassurance. The address confused me being Pacific Highway.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,599 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Town Inn to Transit Center

Yes, The name is confusing!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Town Inn to Transit Center

It ticks all the boxes and is very reasonable.

I can't wait to visit San Diego :-)

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Town Inn to Transit Center

It's not the prettiest walk I've ever taken, but it was easy to walk from the Old Town Inn to the Transit Center.

6. Re: Old Town Inn to Transit Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2013, 10:33