We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wyndham Garden San Diego

Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wyndham Garden San Diego

Hello,

We are planning a trip to San Diego: Feb 23rd to Feb 28th. Family of 4 (2A and 2C). We are thinking of booking a Junior Suite Double at the Wyndham for an average of $83.30 per night. The only drawback I can see now is no wi-fi.

Is this a good location? good hotel? If not, any recommendations anyone? We will be picking up car at SAN. Plan to do some attractions, shopping etc.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wyndham Garden San Diego

I;ll try again. My last answer didn't go thru.

It's not the best area as it's very commercial and busy but if you just need a bed it's ok. And you say you have a Jr Suite. If you put their address in googlemaps.com it will come up on a map. Click on the little yellow man and click on their location on the map and you will see a street view.

There are many good locations to stay in San Diego with a car. The major problem is your budget. I'm not sure you'll be able to find a room like that for that amount in a better hotel / location.

Have you check reviews of that hotel on the internet?

Edited: 07 February 2012, 03:08
Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wyndham Garden San Diego

We did read some reviews....some good and some bad. It is sometime difficult to tell with reviews. We have found that most hotels charge for parking. The important things are comfortable and clean, free parking and free wi-fi and a safe location. We don't mind driving but not too far a drive to get to places.

Would the Ramada Mission Valley/SDSU be better? Maybe worse?

We don't mind setting the budget higher if we can get the important things.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wyndham Garden San Diego

You might take a minute and have a look at Best Western Island Palms and Humphry's Half Moon Inn & Suites both on Shelter Island.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wyndham Garden San Diego

I just took a peek at the Homewood Suites Liberty Station. It shows a King bed studio w/ a full size sleeper sofa, full kitchen, free breakfast, free parking, some free dinners for $165 / night. With the free things it might come out equal to a cheaper hotel and having to pay for what they give for free. But don't know about the sleeping arrangements for you.

…hilton.com/en_US/…index.do

Edited: 07 February 2012, 04:23
Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wyndham Garden San Diego

Thank you for your recommendations! We did check those out and booked at the Humphry's. Can't wait!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wyndham Garden San Diego

Oh good. You'll be much happier and I'm glad you posted to ask.

BTW - It is VERY rare for me to be the only one to respond to a hotel question. Either everyone is recooperating from Super Bowl :) or just busy.

Enjoy your stay!

San Diego...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Wyndham Garden San Diego

We are happy to be considered as a location for your trip to San Diego. Our hotel will be perfect for you and your family. Our location is near any destination that you may want to visit while here in San Diego. We have upgraded our wifi and I have not had complaints since. Please give us a try and you will not be disappointed.

Take Care,

Brenda

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wyndham Garden San Diego

brenda - This is over a year old. The OP was here in Feb 2012.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wyndham Garden San Diego

I stayed there with 2 teens 2 summers ago. It was fine. It is on a really busy street so there is some noise. Other guests are not so thoughtful about their noise especially out at the pool. Room was fine. It's a motor lodge. You park in front of your room.

Hope you had a nice visit.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,434 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wyndham Garden San Diego

elizzie ---- It's also advertising and solicitation. Hmmm....sometimes I wonder.

We also went past this particular hotel two days ago (staying at another Wyndham) but it would be nice if people who work for a hotel and make their first post to advertise their hotel would also read the Tripadvisor posting guidelines before they violate them.