We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car seat conundrum

Minneapolis...
1 post
Save Topic
car seat conundrum

So, my man and I are traveling to San Diego in July (for comic con! Yay!) with our baby (who will be 9 months). Renting a car is not an option. This is fine for the most part... we can get around by shuttles and public transit. But when going to the zoo and the beach, we will need to take a cab, which means we will need a car seat. That would be okay if he could still use his infant car seat (which snaps into a stroller), but he's almost grown out of it now, and there are no car seats for bigger babies that snap into strollers (that don't cost a months rent). So, the zoo says it has large storage lockers one can rent... large enough to fit a car seat? What about the beach? I really hope there is some kind of option other than carrying a car seat around all day. My husband has never seen the ocean, and it will be his birthday, so I want it to be special.

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car seat conundrum

Where are you staying?

If you can take the bus to the zoo, you don't need to bring your car seat to the zoo, thus eliminating need for a locker.

The beach is another matter, unless, again, you take public transportation. If you are staying downtown for the convention, you can take a ferry from the harbor out to Coronado, and walk about 1 1/2 mile (or take a short bus ride) to the beach on the Pacific Ocean near the Hotel del Coronado.

2. Re: car seat conundrum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:16