We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

las americas mall

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hull Yorkshire
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
las americas mall

Hi

i will be staying close to old town trasport interchange and wondered if it is possible to get to Las Americas using the trolly as i wont have a car if not is there a bus i could take?

cheers Les.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,226 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: las americas mall

From the Las Americas web site-transit directions, just scroll down:

premiumoutlets.com/outlets/directions.asp…

To see Las Americas on a map put it into Google.

Then you can see which way to walk from the trolley or just ask when you get off. All day trolley ticket is $5.

Hull Yorkshire
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: las americas mall

Hi

Thanks Riff after checking the web site you gave me it looks straight forward.

Thanks again Les.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: las americas mall

Just did the same thing last weekend, it's a bit of a walk in the heat , the mall is an outdoor one and very spread out, we did a small very cheap bazaar in left hand side of road after the bridge first then shops on left hand side of road, we crossed over to other side of road and found the actual mall where shops are closer together, great prices worth the trip,we got taxi back to old town for 50 dollars as had so much stuff and 2three year olds who were over it

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,226 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: las americas mall

I always forget to tell people that ALL our malls here in southern California are outdoors. You walk outside between the stores so in summer it can get quite hot!!

Some visitors also are pleasantly surprised to find that prices in our normal city malls (not outlet malls) are also quite good!!

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: las americas mall

If you are over the age of 62, the trolley will be half price.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,363 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: las americas mall

"I always forget to tell people that ALL our malls here in southern California are outdoors."

Not all in Southern California, many are not.

Most in San Diego (but not all) however are.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: las americas mall

There are indoor malls, off the top of my head in San Diego County, Plaza Camino Real in Carlsbad, Parkway Plaza in El Cajon and Plaza Bonita in Chula Vista.

In Southern California, South Coast Plaza (a major upscale mall) and Ontario Mills (basically an Outlet Mall with some Shoppertainment options) are two indoor malls off the top of my head, and there are plenty of others.....

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,226 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: las americas mall

Sorry! I should never use the word "all" !

I should say that ALL the malls I have ever visited here in San Diego are outdoors. The majority certainly are!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: las americas mall

No worries, Riff M, but when you say "ALL" in all caps, well, be prepared to have folks question the fact.....

Yes, we all should learn to say things like Most, Majority, etc. but even then, be prepared to make sure you are right on that comment also. A recent thread somewhere in the California forums asked about August and when schools went back (in session). Clearly the majority of schools in Southern California and even the South West region of the US start now prior to Labor Day. The same question 10 years ago would have shown that more than liklely it would be after Labor Day. Interesting to note, San Diego Unified still starts after Labor Day, but they are in the minority....

10. Re: las americas mall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 00:41