We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from cruise terminal to airport

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
855 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from cruise terminal to airport

Can anyone tell me if there is a taxi stand at the cruise terminal? We will need to get to the airport after our cruise and the hotel shuttle seems expensive for such a short distance. How difficult will it be to find a taxi?

Thanks

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from cruise terminal to airport

There are always taxis right there. Especially if a cruise ship is coming in. What hotel shuttle are you talking about?

Depending on traffic a taxi will cost around $7 - $9.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
855 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from cruise terminal to airport

I meant cruise shuttle....sorry. They are $37 EACH for a shuttle both ways. I think we will just take a taxi. So even at $12-15 for a cab ride, I will save about $50. I was just concerned that we would have touble finding a taxi at the terminal. I know going to the cruise terminal, from the airport, that we shouldn't have trouble finding a taxi. Thanks for the info. :)

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from cruise terminal to airport

Wow - that is a lot of money!

And, no problem. I live not too far from it and am that way frequently. There are always taxis. Dropping off and picking up if not just sitting there. It's also allowed to just wave for one here if you see one driving by.

If for some strange reason there isn't one just call

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
855 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from cruise terminal to airport

Awesome thanks!

So.Cal
Level Contributor
310 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from cruise terminal to airport

Good advice, but if you happen to be talking about Oct. 4 or Oct 5, allow a little extra time. There will be 3 ships in port each day and the pier area will be a mess! Thursday 10/4 will have 2 Holland America ships in port, plus the Sapphire Princess. Friday there will be the Sapphire Princess, Disney Wonder, and Celebrity Century. If it happens to be one of those days, taxis might be a little harder to find.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
855 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from cruise terminal to airport

We will be trying to get from the cruise ship to the airport on Nov 23 and the time will be tight. How many ships in port that day?

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from cruise terminal to airport

Here's the schedule

thebigbay.com/san-diego-cruise-ship-schedule…

8. Re: Taxi from cruise terminal to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 21:16