We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Italian, Best Seafood, Best lunch spot- with kids

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
126 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Best Italian, Best Seafood, Best lunch spot- with kids

Looking for the best italian place, best seafood, and best lunch suggestions. We will have 3 kids (13,11,7). Maybe one near the water too.

Thanks!!

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Italian, Best Seafood, Best lunch spot- with kids

For Italian restaurant I vote Cucina Urbana on the corner of 5th and Laurel, one block from Balboa Park. It may not be as kid-friendly as other restaurants, though. But I love their food!

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Italian, Best Seafood, Best lunch spot- with kids

For me the best lunch spot near the water would be Brockton Villa in La Jolla. And they are child-friendly!

Edited: 19 August 2012, 04:14
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Italian, Best Seafood, Best lunch spot- with kids

Best is different to each person. Cucina Urbana is very popular but isn't a 'typical Italian' restaurant. So you need to define what kind of Italian you're looking for.

I think asking what people's 'favorite' and why is more helpful. Asking for 'the best' frequently leads to a lot of disagreements :) It's true. If a person says "this is my favorite" than discussions tend to get less heated than someone outright declaring "this is the best". That's asking for challenges.

Little Italy has a lot of very good Itatian of different types. I favor Buon Appetito. Bencotto is good too and I also like Zia's. Although, many people with kids like the Old Spaghetti Factory in downtown but I have no idea if that's the type of Italian you're looking for.

What kind of seafood are you looking for and what price range? 's Anthony's on our bay is popular with families. It's on the water and the food is reasonable and is pretty good. It's not fancy and the decor is ok.

5th Avenue downtown has some new places for lunch & dinner and are family friendly. Cremelose, Pizza on 5th, Cafe 21

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Italian, Best Seafood, Best lunch spot- with kids

Also, where are you staying and where do you plan on going to visit? We might be able to give better suggestions knowing where you'll be.

5. Re: Best Italian, Best Seafood, Best lunch spot- with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 23:51
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,514 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Italian, Best Seafood, Best lunch spot- with kids

For the "best" Italian in San Diego several places can lay claim to it, including Cucina Urbana, but I am not sure the atmosphere and format is conducive for your brood. I'd look at Arrivederci Ristorante in Hillcrest or maybe just stroll through Little Italy and see what appeals.

Best seafood you have casual places like El Pescador Fish Market and Oscar's Mexican Seafood in La Jolla, Los Arcos in Chula Vista, The Fishery in Pacific Beach and Point Loma Seafood. For higher end you have Roy's in two locations, Top of the Market on the bay and King's Fish House.

Best lunch spots it depends on what you are looking for, a great lunch or a great view, Jake's Del Mar and good views, good food and Hula Pie, Burger Lounge has great burgers, Phil's BBQ has some of San Diego's best barbeque, although coming from St Louis, that might not be a big deal to you.

Check out the suggestions through Yelp and Google and see what you think.

7. Re: Best Italian, Best Seafood, Best lunch spot- with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 05:16