We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
What to do

My hubby and I in our 50's will be in San Diego area for 6 days want to see Hollywood and are interested in history and night life. Any suggestions? My brother lives there but we have rented a car and will be there middle of September.

Would like to get away from the family some and see sites they all have seen.

1. Re: What to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 13:05
Arlington, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do

We thought we would drive and stay at hotels along the way as necessary. No reservations we will probablly fly by the seat of our pants Decide where to stay when we get there.

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,759 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do

>>>We thought we would drive and stay at hotels along the way as necessary. No reservations we will probablly fly by the seat of our pants Decide where to stay when we get there.<<<

I'm not quite sure what you are asking from us. Do you want us to make an itinerary for you?

Hollywood is about 130 miles from San Diego. There are many places in between. For historical places, perhaps the California Missions are of interest. There are a number of them on the way to L.A. Starting in San Diego, we have the first mission, San Diego de Alcala. Near Oceanside you can find San Luis Rey, in San Juan Capistrano the mission by the same name as the town, and in the San Gabriel Valley by L.A. the San Gabriel Arcangel.

There are museums in San Diego (Balboa Park) and in L.A.

One of my favorites (in Los Angeles) is the Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits with its many fossils. I also like the Grammy Museum .J. Paul Getty Museum is a must for its architecture and views.

Hollywood has some interesting museums that focus on films (Heritage Museum, Hollywood Museum).

What kind of nightlife do you like? Dance clubs? Music venues? Bar hopping?

Arlington, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do

Museums sound awesome will be checking them and missions out.

The night life guest we just want to have a drink at a couple different places we though Hollywood would be the best place, suggestions.

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,759 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do

You may want to post your night life question on the Los Angeles forum. Be specific in what you want to do, and I'm sure people will give you some great ideas.

Arlington, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do

Thanks for ur help

7. Re: What to do

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 13:05
8. Re: What to do

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2013, 10:16