We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agenda for late Sept/early Oct

Blacksburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Agenda for late Sept/early Oct

Hello! I just wanted to see if you guys could look over my agenda. We are going to SoCal to visit family and have a mini babymoon. I will be about 21/22 weeks pregnant so not too big but starting to feel it! Thanks so much for looking this over!

9/27~arrive in San Diego at about 11 am. Pick up rental car and go see Coronado. Eat at Blue Water Seafood (3667 India St). Drive to Palm Springs in time for dinner with family.

9/28-9/29~ Palm Springs and LA with family.

9/30~ Drive down from La Quinta to San Diego in the morning. Spend the afternoon at the beach (any suggestion for on a good beach to relax?). Dinner in Little Italy? Any suggestions?

10/1~ Balboa Park. Dinner in Gaslamp near our hotel. Again, suggestions appreciated!

10/2~ Leave early to go home :(

Thanks again for any assistance!

1. Re: Agenda for late Sept/early Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 14:27
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agenda for late Sept/early Oct

9/27 - I would go straight to Blue Water Seafood and then to Coronado. Although, my preference would be to skip BWS and eat on Coronado.

9/30 - Since you're going to Coronado the day before perhaps go to Pacific Beach.

Little Italy restaurants that are good:

Bencotto

Buon Appetito

Po Pazzo

Davanti

Prep Kitchen

Zia's

Craft & Commerce

littleitalysd.com/dine/…

10/1 - There are too many restaurants to name Downtown so perhaps you can tell us what kind of food you'd like and budget?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,301 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agenda for late Sept/early Oct

I am also not sure why you'd go to Coronado and then eat at Blue Water later in the PM? I tend to like doing things without backtracking but everyone travels differently.

Any reason why you couldn't just go to the beach in Coronado on your beach day after Palm Springs?? It is close to the gaslamp where you will be staying so quite convenient to do both that day.

Blacksburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Agenda for late Sept/early Oct

Thanks for all the good info.

We are really open to all types of food. The only difficulty is that I am pregnant and I follow all those darn pregnancy rules pretty closely so no sushi, undercooked meat, soft/unpasteurized cheeses, etc. $15-30pp would be a good price range for us.

Now that I think of it we probably will be hungry not too long after we arrive so we probably would eat and then go to Coronado. DH wants to go to BWS after a certain DDD show.

I wasn't thinking beach when I was thinking Coronado because I don't like to go to the beach then drive 2.5 hours. I was thinking more walking around and sightseeing. Not a good plan? If so, anything better to do for a few hourse before making the drive? Is Coronado or Pacific Beach better for relaxing? Thanks again!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agenda for late Sept/early Oct

No there's nothing wrong with going to Coronado after lunch. Walk around the Village. Definitely go inside Hotel del Coronado. It's right on the beach and is lovely. There are a lot of shops on Orange Ave (the main street).

IF you do go to Coronado after you arrive then I think you should do Pacific Beach for your beach day. Just to go to a different beach. It's got a long boardwalk and it's very casual.

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agenda for late Sept/early Oct

On your way back you could go to Pacific Beach as elizzie mentioned, or check out La Jolla Shores or the La Jolla Cove for some relaxation. Both beach areas are near some nice restaurants for lunch.

Edited: 17 September 2012, 19:59
7. Re: Agenda for late Sept/early Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2013, 10:17