We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve suggestions for 20 year old

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nebraska
Level Contributor
404 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve suggestions for 20 year old

In what's probably one of our last family vacations before adding spouses, my husband and I, plus our 23 year old son and 20 year old daughter, are renting a house in Coronado for a week over New Year's. I'm trying to figure out something fun to do for New Year's Eve--so many events are geared at +21 only (not that we'd go clubbing anyhow).

Any thoughts or suggestions? I've heard good things about Chez Loma on Coronado but just going out to dinner and back to the house right after seems a little anti-climatic. Not sure if comedy clubs have any late night events and if so, if they're 21 and over only. As well, I've searched but can't find confirmation that they'll be doing fireworks at midnight--locals, have you heard?

I'd love some suggestions--of course, for this mama whose kids go to college and law school 400 miles away from home, just being together is absolute perfection--the rest is gravy.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve suggestions for 20 year old

Check here

sandiego.org/articles/holidays/new-years-eve…

They allow under 21 but I'm not sure if they are open NYE

http://www.nationalcomedy.com/

SeaWorld will have fireworks. Since you are staying on Coronado you might have a late dinner at the Ferry Landing and see if you can see fireworks afterwards from the shorebank.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve suggestions for 20 year old

How about a harbor cruise! They allow 20 yr olds too!

flagshipsd.com/holiday-cruises/new-years-cru…

I'm sure if Flagship has one so does Hornblower.

Oh, if you go to the area around Hotel del Coronado after dinner in Coronado, I've always seen fireworks from the South Bay area and Tijuana. There are usually 2 or 3 displays. So you might be able to see some from the beach or Hotel Del.

Edited: 24 November 2012, 02:02
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,128 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve suggestions for 20 year old

National Comedy Theater usually has a NYE show and party but I don't see it on their web site this year. Every year before this it has sold out so maybe call and ask about it.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve suggestions for 20 year old

I thought about the National Comeday Theater aand went to their website but didn't see anything either.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
404 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve suggestions for 20 year old

Thanks all. I'll call the National Comedy Theater this week and see if they're having a NYE show.

6. Re: New Year's Eve suggestions for 20 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 01:15