We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enterprise Car Rental - SD Airport - not a great experience

Springboro, OH
Level Contributor
1 post
94 reviews
Save Topic
Enterprise Car Rental - SD Airport - not a great experience

Flew in to SD for a week of vacation with the family and landed around 930p on the 22nd. We took the shuttle which seemed like a long time to get there. When we got off the shuttle we enter the facility and we see ONE person behind the counter and 15-20 people in line. We were LUCKY enough to be the 4th or 5th in line. But i felt so sorry for the families with kids. The service was SO slow that we waited along with everyone for 30-40 mins and then once we got the paperwork taken care of, we waited another 15-20 mins for their rep to come out and take us to our car. So used to getting paperwork and walking straight out to a car and driving off. We ended up spending over 1 hr getting our car from the moment we stepped into the rental car facility. What manager staff ONE person behind the counter on Xmas weekend... simply amazing

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Enterprise Car Rental - SD Airport - not a great experience

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care[at]Enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details.

When emailing, please list reference # 121225-000319 in the subject line.

Gillian T.

Social Monitor Coordinator

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enterprise Car Rental - SD Airport - not a great experience

That is really too bad and it makes no sense for them to not have enough staff at the counter at Christmas time. I'm sorry to hear this. I also wonder what one of their offices they took you too if it took awhile to get there...

When I've needed a rental car I've used Enterprise and have always been so pleased. BUT they've picked me up and taken me to one of their offices each time so my situation is very different than yours. The staff and service has always been very good and helpful.

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,831 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enterprise Car Rental - SD Airport - not a great experience

I almost always use Enterprise and have never had any problems. Your situation sounds like an anomaly. I'm sorry it happened to you, but from their post above it looks like you got their attention and they are looking into it.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Enterprise Car Rental - SD Airport - not a great experience

Alas, as someone who used to work in the "Service" Industry, you have to work Holidays and much more. Alas, some staff get scheduled and then call in sick (as in they don't want to work). So the Manager scheduled the correct amount, and some staff decided to make them short-staffed.

I feel for the folks at Staples Center in Los Angeles Today, they had 2 Sold Out Games.

The Lakers had a game at Noon, then they needed to remove the court, clean up the arena, and place the Clippers Court down (Different ads and logos). (The courts are designed in small segments that go together easily). So about 3 hours between the Lakers game and fans leaving, and then the opening of the arena for the Clippers game).

Things happen, looks like Enterprise is addressing the issue :)

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Enterprise Car Rental - SD Airport - not a great experience

I'm glad that Enterprise is reaching out to you. I have found them to be a good rental car agency for my needs.

Edited: 26 December 2012, 03:20
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,949 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Enterprise Car Rental - SD Airport - not a great experience

This is why I am a Hertz Gold Member. At airport locations I walk to a reader board, find my name with the spot my car is in, walk to my car get in and go. No wait, no talking to anyone other than stopping to show my I'd to the guard at the exit.

7. Re: Enterprise Car Rental - SD Airport - not a great experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2013, 10:16