We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego Vacation Rental through VRBO

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Level Contributor
57 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
San Diego Vacation Rental through VRBO

Anyone rent from Mike W and stayed at Graces Beach House on Mission Beach? It's our first VRBO for a family vacation. Reviews looked good.

Special Offer
Skip the Line: USS Midway Museum
370 reviews
from US$16.00*
US$18.00
La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak Tour
72 reviews
from US$44.00*
San Diego Tour: Hop-on Hop-off Trolley
228 reviews
from US$39.95*
San Diego Harbor Dinner Cruise
94 reviews
from US$83.52*
So.Cal
Level Contributor
341 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Diego Vacation Rental through VRBO

If the reviews look good, you're probably OK. Call the owner and talk to him personally; ask direct questions about whether the pictures on the site are current and are actually taken from/or in the unit, ask about deposits, payment methods and cancellation policies, and what kind of a written contract he will issue. If you can't reach him by phone, ask the same questions via email. If you're not comfortable with the responses, look elsewhere. We've had a unit listed on VRBO for many years (not in San Diego) and have learned that many of our guests are most comfortable with direct contact.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,096 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Diego Vacation Rental through VRBO

Hi,

I don't know that particular rental but please make sure there is parking included as that gets difficult if you are here in summer!!

I just looked at the listing and I was impressed with how much personal detail and even the exact address that was included!

I have friends that live 1 block away on San Luis Rey .

Edited: 26 January 2013, 14:24
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Diego Vacation Rental through VRBO

good location. the south end of mission beach is a little quieter then around belmont park or pacific beach. make sure a parking spot is included. also, ask them for references from past renters.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Level Contributor
57 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Diego Vacation Rental through VRBO

One spot for parking and more parking one block away. We'll have 2 cars. I talked with the owner.

How about surf fishing...for fun? My husband would get up early and try.

5. Re: San Diego Vacation Rental through VRBO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 06:16