We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near airport and trolley stop

nrl
IL
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near airport and trolley stop

A friend and I are planning a stopover in san diego. We do not want to rent a car so we would like a hotel with airport shuttle, complementary breakfast, easy proximity to restaurants, and on the trolley stop. Would you suggest a different sightseeing option? We are seniors and have reached the point that we like things to be easy. Thank you for your help.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,643 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near airport and trolley stop

The airport is barely 2 miles from downtown San Diego so getting from there to any downtown hotel will be easy. Only a few have free shuttles but you might want to take a look at the Best Western Bayside which also has a free bkfst.

You would be near the hop on hop off tour bus called:

www.trolleytours.com

You would also have easy access to our lightrail electric train that we call "the trolley" and to local buses .

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near airport and trolley stop

I like the Fairfield Inn in Old Town, they offer a free Airport Shuttle, a nice free breakfast, and is walking distance to the Old Town Transit Center, which is a major stop for the San Diego Trolley.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60750-d272662-…

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,643 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near airport and trolley stop

Just to be clear, the San Diego trolley mentioned above is the lightrail.

The Old Town neighborhood is also a place where the hop on hop off tour bus stops. My sister and her husband stayed at the hotel mentioned above in Old Town BUT it is more of a walk to the public transit trolley than you would have if you stayed downtown. I am not sure how much walking you are willing to do??

nrl
IL
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near airport and trolley stop

Probably not a lot of walking...and I guess the trolley tours is the correct name for what I'm looking for. Thanks.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near airport and trolley stop

I think staying Downtown or Little Italy would be good. I live in Downtown and like to head to Little Italy for the dining options. Not just Italian food but there's good Italian as well. Lot's of sidewalk dining, trolley stop, bus, taxi. Easy to get around and you can either walk or take the trolley anywhere from 1 to 5 stops or taxi to Downtown. The Bay / Marina is in Downtown SD.

In addition to the BW Plus Bayside you might want to look at La Pensione - no pool.

6. Re: hotels near airport and trolley stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 06:16