We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tower23 or Pacific Terrace Hotel.

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tower23 or Pacific Terrace Hotel.

Hi All,

I am coming to San Diego for the first stop of our honeymoon on the 1st May till the 4th and after some good advice have narrowed the possible honeymoon hotels to two. At first was looking in the city more but its easy enough to travel into the city as the two hotels are not that far away.

SO Out of the two which one do people think is best for a honeymoon and things the places can offer?

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tower23 or Pacific Terrace Hotel.

Tower 23 is very nice and the nicest hotel in Pacific Beach. However, it does not have a pool but they do have a 'sun deck' though. So if a pool to swim in matters you should go with Pacific Terrace. Both are on the beach / boardwalk.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tower23 or Pacific Terrace Hotel.

I see from your other post you will not have a car and that you want to do some sightseeing. PB isn't the most convenient place to stay w/o a car and Downtown is the better choice. But, it can be done knowing that 1) you'll be spending time on buses and in most cases need to change at least once to another bus or the Trolley. So it could take 20 - 1 hr to get places.

2) Or you can use taxis. For example, a taxi to the Hard Rock (or Gaslamp) from Tower 23 in PB runs approx $35 - $40 one-way. To the Zoo approx $40 - $45. If that's okay with you then you can enjoy a beach stay and use taxis which will be faster and easier than the bus or bus / trolley combo (which is definitely less expensive.)

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tower23 or Pacific Terrace Hotel.

Tower 23 is a newer hotel, but I don't think it is better than Pacific Terrace. PT has a nice pool and jacuzzi, and the rooms have a great view of the ocean. I also think that it would be more quiet than Tower 23 because of the location.

But I do think that T23 has the best food in Pacific Beach.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,854 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tower23 or Pacific Terrace Hotel.

I think the Tower23 is a bit more luxurious and hip, the Pacific Terrace a bit homier. If it was August I'd say the PT because of the pool, but in May, that might not be an option, so I'd probably choose the T23.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tower23 or Pacific Terrace Hotel.

Hi all, Yes we will not have a car so after hearing your advice i am not 100% sure as we would be doing some site seeing and a price of cabs will soon mount up.

We wouldn't want to waste time waiting around for buses either to be honest. It's a shame as both hotels looks amazing but i think i should opt for a hotel with easier opions downtown. As we can always get a cab up to Mission Beach one of the days and enjoy the area as i imagine with the sight seeing more time will be spent in the downtown area.

Only question is what is a good honeymoon hotel to pick that is located downtown with great views and also easy to get to places?

Sorry for the change around guys, this is harder than i thought and with it being a surprise i dont want to mess up.

Chris

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tower23 or Pacific Terrace Hotel.

I can't remember all the hotels that were mentioned in your other thread but I believe several were mentioned. Maybe you should take this back up over there and leave this thread since you've changed your mind.

And I believe I saw that a Manager from one of the hotels (Courtyard Marriott - not sure) offered to assist you with a nice room with a view. The room and view looks really nice. I have no idea what kind of help or what the rate is but it's worth contacting them. Because this has been on TA and they made contact and offered to help - who knows? They might give you a really good deal !! Worth a try....

So. Cal
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tower23 or Pacific Terrace Hotel.

***Only question is what is a good honeymoon hotel to pick that is located downtown with great views and also easy to get to places? ***

You don't mention your budget, but check out the Kimpton Palomar flats. They're having a GREAT sale at this very moment-I've never seen the flats at this rate. The views are to die for and you'll probably never want to leave your room! They are that nice. PERFECT honeymoon room. The Palomar is located on the edge of Gaslamp so it won't be too hectic, but a few blocks down you'll be in the heart of the action. Plenty of transportation nearby and they have a complimentary car that will drive you within a five mile radius. Nice rooftop bar, pool and a spa along with a restaurant on site. The staff there is fantastic and make sure you let them know it's your honeymoon if you end up staying there; I know they'll take care of things.

If you decide to stay at the Palomar, sign up for Kimpton In Touch for free WiFi, $10.00 raid the mini bar, spa discounts etc during your stay. Oh and ask for a flat facing Broadway- those are the killer views!

Congratulations!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,854 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tower23 or Pacific Terrace Hotel.

If you are looking back in the Gaslamp I'd say either of the Kimpton Hotels, the Hotel Solamar or the Hotel Palomar would be good. The Omni is nice too or go back with the Hard Rock.

kimptonhotels.com/hotels/hotels-sandiego.aspx

PS The Argonaut is a Kimpton Hotel too so do join the Kimpton loyalty club.

kimptonhotels.com/hotels/hotels-sanfrancisco…

Edited: 08 March 2013, 03:08
So. Cal
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tower23 or Pacific Terrace Hotel.

The rooms at the Palomar are way better! So are the views.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tower23 or Pacific Terrace Hotel.

Guys all i'm going to say right now is thank you.

Just been onto Palomar and your right the prices are crazy. Just booked the best room in the hotel for a crazy low price :) Over the moon with it.

Thank you deeply once again, your a credit to Trip Advisor

C