We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia hotel or la jolla shores hotel?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bahia hotel or la jolla shores hotel?

We have narrowed down our 2nd anniversary trip to 2 hotels. The Bahia or la jolla shores hotel. We would like to be on or walking distance to the beach. I'm not sure which area is better: in our early 30s, no kids, would like to be able to walk to a few restaurants/bars but we will have a car as well. We will be there for 3 nights at the end of July.

Any help in deciding is appreciated! Thanks.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,348 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia hotel or la jolla shores hotel?

The Bahia is closer to bars/restaurants at night. I also like the beach better than La Jolla Shores, but at the Bahia you aren't right on the beach.

A similar hotel but a little closer to the beach and bars/restaurants in the same area is the Catamaran. Did you look at it?

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia hotel or la jolla shores hotel?

The beach at La Jolla Shores is much nicer imho. I don't especially care for Mission Bay at all.

Edited: 08 March 2013, 01:53
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia hotel or la jolla shores hotel?

Thanks will check out the Catamaran!

La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia hotel or la jolla shores hotel?

Hi SWE730,

The La Jolla Shores Hotel is right smack dab on a beautiful beach (no roads to cross) and there are some nice restaurants very nearby. This is also THE place to be if you want to kayak or take a surf lesson. The village of La Jolla with lots more bars and restaurants is one mile away.

Elizabeth Hansen

www.LaJollaTravelInformation.com

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia hotel or la jolla shores hotel?

Since you are in your early 30s, you may the ambiance of Mission Beach (and Pacific Beach) more. The Bahia is just over half a mile walk from the beach on the Pacific Ocean.

La Jolla Shores Hotel is nice, the beach here is great and there are several restaurants within two blocks, but it is more family-oriented and staid.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,348 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia hotel or la jolla shores hotel?

<<The beach at La Jolla Shores is much nicer imho. I don't especially care for Mission Bay at all.>>

In case there was confusion I was referring to Mission Beach/Pacific Beach not Mission Bay, when I made this comment "I also like the beach better than La Jolla Shores, but at the Bahia you aren't right on the beach."

Bahia is on Mission Bay so you do need to walk to get to the "beach" what most of us consider on the ocean not the bay. Which would be Mission/Pacific Beach. Which is also where all of the bars/restaurants are.

7. Re: Bahia hotel or la jolla shores hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 06:16