We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse Riding for experienced rider

Glasgow
Level Contributor
8 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Horse Riding for experienced rider

My daughter is a fairly accomplished rider and would like to do a trail ride when we are in San Diego next month (July). The only things we can find are the beach riding.

Are there any facilities that allow some decent quality riding on trails, even some distance from San Diego, as she really wants to be able to "ride" the horse, and not just walk or trot at the speed of the lowest ability in the group, which may be beginner?

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse Riding for experienced rider

Hi Jig1

I've not used any of these places, so I can't speak to them first-hand, but you may want to check out these:

julianca.com/attractions/index2.htm#Horseback Riding

Julian is an 1850's gold mining town in the mountains about an hour and a half east of San Diego. Today, it's more known for its apple pies and quaint little shops.

Hope that helps.

Enjoy your visit.

Zed

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse Riding for experienced rider

Here's another I discovered on a Google search:

http://www.julianhorsebackriding.com/

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse Riding for experienced rider

Funny thing ... I just noticed that next to my couch some papers had fallen off the side table. I just picked them up and one was a brochure for horseback riding !

I live downtown and take frequent walks and sometimes I go into hotels and pick up brochures. This one is for Sweetwater Horses Inc. I have no first hand knowledge only that I have this brochure (pics look scenic.)

www.sweetwaterhorses.com/trailrides.php

Anything else you want to do? I've got brochures for summer Whale Watching, Sailing, Ocean Adventures .... :)

Glasgow
Level Contributor
8 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse Riding for experienced rider

Thanks - I have emailed a few of the places to see what they can offer. Most other things are booked up. 4 weeks of vacation seems to have filled up quite quickly!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse Riding for experienced rider

Enjoy your vacation !

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,504 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horse Riding for experienced rider

I have no idea if anyone offers rides there, but if your daughter wants to watch some riding competitions, the Del Mar Horsepark always seems to have something going on. Its east of I-5 and the Del Mar track, and west of the polo grounds.

www.showpark.com/?page=Del_Mar_Horse_Park

www.sandiegopolo.com/schedule

Edited: 24 June 2013, 20:15
7. Re: Horse Riding for experienced rider

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 06:20