We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari Park tram question

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
232 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Safari Park tram question

I know your ticket includes a basic tram ride. Can you ride it more than once? Where do you get on? Any other tips about best shows/park areas worth walking to?

Pauma Valley, CA
Level Contributor
405 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari Park tram question

My favorite areas are Lion Camp, African Outpost, and African Woods. The overlook to the African Plains is nice to spend some time.

www.sdzsafaripark.org/planyourtrip/map.html

Look at the map above, the tram entrance is just below the Lion Camp. I believe you can ride it more than once, there is no separate ticket for it.

I enjoy the bird show and the cheetah run.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
348 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari Park tram question

I always do the tram first (10am) when the animals are more active, before it gets too hot. Then I work my way back to the bird show area for the 11am training show or due the African Loop and watch the 12:30 PM bird show. During the heat of the day I find it relaxing to have a snack/break in the conifer forest area (on way to Condor Ridge), it is also shady on most of the African Loop.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari Park tram question

The web site says unlimited rides with the 1 day ticket. I like the bird show and cheetah run.

So Cal
Level Contributor
8,204 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari Park tram question

Take a look at the map and decide which animals interest you most, then aim for that. If you like elephants, they have a terrific area, with a couple good viewing spots. If you're visiting on a summer afternoon and the pool is filled, you might luck out and see the youngsters swimming. It's like watching little kids puppy piling and bouncing around in the backyard pool - great big enormous multi-ton little kids.

5. Re: Safari Park tram question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 07:18