We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Del Mar Racetrack w/ a baby?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas
Level Contributor
158 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Del Mar Racetrack w/ a baby?

Hello,

My wife and I will be staying in Del Mar the weekend of the 20th. We wanted to check out the race track on Sunday the 21st, which is "Family Day." We will have a young baby with us, so having reserved seats in the shade is important. Unfortunately, the race track's website isn't so helpful when it comes to the seating charts and the differences in the ticket options. I know there are different options in seating, but can someone make a recommendation? If there is an inside club area that is air conditioned, great. But trying to figure out what the best area of the track is given that we have a little one.

Please make any recommendations as to where I should be buying tickets. Price is of no concern, as they all seem reasonable.

Also, please make recommendation if we should buy 3 seats or just 2. We will have a baby in a baby carrier with us, so it may just be more comfortable to get that extra seat. Thanks in advance!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
158 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Del Mar Racetrack w/ a baby?

Bump - would really like some input on this. If you have been to the race track, please give me your input. Thanks!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Del Mar Racetrack w/ a baby?

Neither the "Stretch Run" nor the "Clubhouse" are airconditioned--I'm not sure about the Turf Club but that has a dress code. If I recall, the upper levels will be in the shade anyway (the grandstand faces roughly North) and are usually quite comfortable. Just stay away from "Cafe del Sol" or the clubhouse terrace restaurant unless you want to call and ask specifically for a table in the shade (if available). That is, some of the tables are in the shade but some aren't, and I can't say which are which. I'd get a seat for the child as weekends can be crowded.

Have fun--Del Mar is a blast and I'll be making a couple of visits myself this summer.

3. Re: Del Mar Racetrack w/ a baby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 07:18