We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toddler in San Diego Zoo

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
Toddler in San Diego Zoo

What to do with a 20month old at the zoo? Take a stroller? Pack a lunch? Going on a Saturday, any tips or tricks would be helpful

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,191 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toddler in San Diego Zoo

I see mothers with young children all the time at the zoo.

They all have strollers! They all have snacks/drinks too. There is food all over the zoo that you can buy but it is always good to have something you know the child will eat. My advice is to take it slow and let the child explore and watch the animal at their own pace. I have seen little ones stand and watch for a long time and I have seen others more interested in running from spot to spot. It really depends on the personality of the child.

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toddler in San Diego Zoo

Hi lterry,

If you didn't have (or don't want to bring) your own stroller, you can rent one at the zoo for $12.

sandiegozoo.org/zoo/…guest_services

Within the zoo, there's the Children's Zoo (9 AM - 8 PM) and the Petting Zoo (10 AM - 7 PM). (Hours are summer hours -- before Labor Day.)

Also, just outside the zoo in Balboa Park are the Balboa Park Carousel (built in 1910) and the Balboa Park Miniature Railroad that may be a fun diversion.

Remember, it's okay to exit the zoo and re-enter on the same day as long as you get your hand stamped at the exit before leaving the zoo.

Enjoy.

Zed

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toddler in San Diego Zoo

My family always takes plenty of snacks and whatever the kids like to drink in their stroller. As well as hand wipes, etc. Be sure to visit the Children's zoo area.

I just posted this in another thread. Balboa Park is next door to the zoo and you can come and go from to Zoo to the Park

Balboa Park is good with kids. Lots of play areas

www.balboapark.org/in-the-park/Play%20Areas

http://www.balboapark.org/visit/kids

Edited: 31 July 2013, 17:42
4. Re: Toddler in San Diego Zoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 05:17