We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabrillo Nat'l Mon. - Open Tower Day / Fee Free Day

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Cabrillo Nat'l Mon. - Open Tower Day / Fee Free Day

I was out at Cabrillo and noticed that this Sunday, 25 August, is "Open Tower Day," where you can actually get to the top of the old lighthouse tower (it's normally closed to the public).

It's also the National Park Service's birthday on Sunday, and all National Parks, including Cabrillo, are celebrating with a "fee free day," so the normal $5 per car admission fee is waived.

www.nps.gov/cabr/planyourvisit/events.htm

Zed

San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,043 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabrillo Nat'l Mon. - Open Tower Day / Fee Free Day

Cool, thanks!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabrillo Nat'l Mon. - Open Tower Day / Fee Free Day

Good to know!

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,759 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabrillo Nat'l Mon. - Open Tower Day / Fee Free Day

Thanks for the information, Zed. I can already imagine the long line of people waiting to go up and down those narrow stairs just to see the tower, so I will skip it ;)

4. Re: Cabrillo Nat'l Mon. - Open Tower Day / Fee Free Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 05:17