We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What time to leave Laguna on a Sunday a.m. (SD 1:00 flight)

V C
Cape Cod, MA
8 posts
Save Topic
What time to leave Laguna on a Sunday a.m. (SD 1:00 flight)

Just not sure of the traffic on a Sunday morning .

LA
Level Contributor
9,929 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What time to leave Laguna on a Sunday a.m. (SD 1:00 flight)

1am or 1 pm?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,224 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What time to leave Laguna on a Sunday a.m. (SD 1:00 flight)

There are no flights out of SAN at 1 AM sooo it it 1PM that the flight will leave.

You can never tell about traffic. IF there are no accidents then you can get to the airport in about an hour. IF there is traffic then it will take longer. I'd leave Laguna first thing in the AM and plan to have breakfast/brunch in San Diego. Then return your car and check in at the airport. The airport is close to downtown and many restaurants.

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What time to leave Laguna on a Sunday a.m. (SD 1:00 flight)

Leave by 8:00 a.m. - gives you plenty of time to get to airport even with traffic, drop the car off and get to the check in/TSA areas.

As Riff says, if you have plenty of time when you arrive in SD, you can have breakfast there.

TSA lines at SAN can be unpredictable. Sometimes you fly through, sometimes you move slower than a line at the Matterhorn at Disneyland.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,646 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What time to leave Laguna on a Sunday a.m. (SD 1:00 flight)

If it were me and I had a car to return and bags to check I'd leave at 1000am

If I were getting dropped off curbside and carrying on is leave at 11am

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What time to leave Laguna on a Sunday a.m. (SD 1:00 flight)

I have seen the terminal one (Southwest) TSA lines backed up over an hour on Sunday afternoons and the ticketing line equally as long. The Holland America cruise ships come in on Sundays. I agree with the others, leave early, get to San Diego, have a nice brunch and then get to the airport 1.5-2 hours prior to departure, earlier if you are on a Southwest flight.

La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What time to leave Laguna on a Sunday a.m. (SD 1:00 flight)

Agreed with previous posters about leaving around 8:00 am the latest. At least if you get to San Diego early, you can eat and relax before the flight. Sometimes it's almost stopped traffic from San Clemente to Encinitas, which can easily add 1 hour to the drive.

7. Re: What time to leave Laguna on a Sunday a.m. (SD 1:00 flight)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2014, 06:18