We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Padres V Marlins 11th May 2014

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kirkcaldy
Level Contributor
618 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Padres V Marlins 11th May 2014

As baseball novices where is the best place to sit (mid priced) and who should I buy tickets from and how far in advance?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Padres V Marlins 11th May 2014

In my own opinion, for someone attending a baseball game for the first time and who may not be familiar with the sport, but would like an overview of the action without spending a lot of money, I would sit behind home plate but high up where the seats are affordable - i.e. in Petco Park where the Padres play, look at section 300, 301, 302 etc. The reason I suggest this is that without spending a ton of money, you are perfectly positioned in the center of the field looking down on the action from a high angle, in front of the defenders. You won't be especially close to any of the action, but you'll see all of it. The reason these seats are cheaper is because they're further back and thus not especially close to any one thing, but in this case, further back means a better overview.

In any case, if you are from outside the US the different ticket brokers may have different rules with regards to delivering tickets to you or making them available for you to pick up. I would try the Padres web site itself, then www.ticketmaster.com, www.stubhub.com, www.viptickets.com and www.barrystickets.com

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,301 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Padres V Marlins 11th May 2014

The Padres rarely sell out, besides opening day (and sometimes the Dodgers or Giants) so you could very likely wait until you are in town to purchase tickets for this particular game...I happen to like the Toyota Terrace Level behind the plate (sections 201 or 202)...great seats that you can probably find on Stubhub for around $50-60, if that is what you were willing to spend--maybe less a few days or day before the game you wish to attend....I'll let the other experts chime in on this topic. 2014 seats for individual gamesare not even being sold yet--individual game tickets usually do not go on sale until late January at the earliest (though I could be wrong).

Edited: 01 December 2013, 22:38
Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Padres V Marlins 11th May 2014

Hi,

I generally agree with MachThree's seating advice with one small caveat, and that may depend on the time of day the game is played.

If the game will be played into the later afternoon / early evening you may want to opt for more seats along the 3rd base line (west side of the park) so that you're sitting more in the shade with the sun behind you. On the seating map below, that would be the even numbered sections.

…mlb.com/sd/…season_map_120831.jpg

If you sit on the east side of the park, you'll be in full sun, looking into the afternoon or setting sun. Wear plenty of sunscreen and bring sunglasses and a cap with a visor.

I believe most Sunday games start around 1:00 PM.

Zed

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Padres V Marlins 11th May 2014

Zed makes a good point re: the sun, which I had not considered. I like my advice for night games but yes, afternoon sun at a baseball game where you're sitting there for 2 1/2 - 3 hours can be too much.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,128 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Padres V Marlins 11th May 2014

Hi,

Not only are individual game tickets not on sale yet but they don't even have the time listed (day/night) on the schedule! I'd wait and buy when you are here.

Dorchester, South...
Level Contributor
23 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Padres V Marlins 11th May 2014

I am also coming in next May and plan to attend a Pad's game. I looked at the team site to see what tickets were running and then compared them with stubhub and other third party sites and you should be able to get tickets for about half of face value for a weekday game if you play your cards right. Plus, the Marlins aren't a good franchise and don't really have a loyal following, so tickets should not be in high demand.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Padres V Marlins 11th May 2014

While the schedule is out, all the MLB teams are focused on selling season tickers this time of year.

Single game tickets usually go on sale in February, so you need to wait until just before the season starts.

8. Re: Padres V Marlins 11th May 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 05:17