We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYE Fireworks?

Level Contributor
122 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
NYE Fireworks?

After looking into fireworks options for NYE, I'm still not sure exactly where they are (or if there is even one this year). Does anyone know for sure? Officially links would be helpful. If there is fireworks, where are good places to see them? (from a beach if possible)

Thanks.

San Diego...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: NYE Fireworks?

Hello! I'm also looking for the same but I only find yatch parties, there was a site: newyearsevelive.net/cities/san-diego-bay.html

but it's been down all day today :(

Hope anyone else answers :D

Regards

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYE Fireworks?

SeaWorld has fireworks. You can see them from different locations like Mission Bay, Mission Beach, Pacific Beach. I think (not 100% sure) you can see them from around the Maritime Museum on the boardwalk on the bay downtown.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,521 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYE Fireworks?

Last year, Sea World had fireworks at 8:50 p.m. on December 31. However there is no mention of fireworks on today's show schedule on their web site, and on their "Know Before You Go" page it states, "Fireworks are not scheduled for the remainder of 2013." So it seems they are not doing fireworks tonight.

I could not find any listing for any public fireworks display in San Diego tonight. None of the private parties that I looked at were guaranteeing fireworks. The “First Night” celebrations that used to be in San Diego and Escondido have been discontinued.

The Legoland theme park for children, which is in Carlsbad, California will have fireworks at 6:00 p.m. tonight.

One of the better places to be for fireworks on New Year's Eve is Las Vegas, but that's a 5-hour drive from San Diego.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYE Fireworks?

Oh - I stand corrected about SeaWorld! Thanks!

I, too, couldn't find any listings for fireworks in SD.

A thought - I bet there'll be fireworks in Mexico. I know in years past when at parties in my bldg on a high up floor facing south we could see them. So, maybe from the beach in Coronado or the beach at Imperial Beach?

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
21,395 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYE Fireworks?

That's too bad. Was the Big Boom last year or the year before that?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,939 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NYE Fireworks?

There used to be fireworks downtown every year but there has been environmental issues and then fiascoes like last year 4th of July when the whole thing blew up at once!

Sorry that it is not a regular yearly event that we all can count on!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,521 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NYE Fireworks?

The Big Bay Boom is the fireworks show every year on July 4th on San Diego Bay next to downtown. From what little research I have done, it appears that the USS Midway had a New Year's Eve party with fireworks last year, and they are having one again tonight, but the ads for it and their web site do not mention fireworks. So it's unclear if there will be any tonight. There was a pretty good fireworks show last night at the halftime of the Holiday Bowl though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rJ4w9iYAgA

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
21,395 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NYE Fireworks?

Riff - that was what I was thinking about. When everything blew up all at once.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,521 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NYE Fireworks?

That was on July 4, 2012 and I saw it happen; it was amazing.

10. Re: NYE Fireworks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 05:19