We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with baby for 10 year anniversary trip?

Athens
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay with baby for 10 year anniversary trip?

I am considering San Diego for a 10 year anniversary trip. Our almost 1 year old infant will be with us. We would like to stay as close to the beach as possible. We would rent a car to go to zoo/safari park. We would be coming the second week of March.

What is the weather like in March? Is it warm enough to swim at the beach? We would be willing to pay between 200-300 a night.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay with baby for 10 year anniversary trip?

Hi Greece ! Welcome to San Diego!

You might look at renting a condo at Capri by the Sea in Pacific Beach.

allseasonsresortlodging.com/san-diego/capri-…

Next door to it is a nice hotel called Pacific Terrace.

I think they should be in your budget in March.

Another possibility on Coronado is Glorietta Bay Inn across the street from the historic Hotel del Coronado and the beautiful beach. Nice Village with little shops and restaurants.

http://www.gloriettabayinn.com/

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay with baby for 10 year anniversary trip?

HI GreeceBasket,

The weather won't be quite warm enough to swim in the ocean. The daytime temperatures will be around 19°C, and the night time temperatures around 12°C. The ocean water temperature will be only around 16°C.

Zed

TorG
Level Contributor
107 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay with baby for 10 year anniversary trip?

As others have said, the weather in March should be warm enough to enjoy the beach, but the water temperature is going to be too cold for swimming. If they’re having a special on rates, Paradise Point might work for you. It’s on Mission Bay, so there’s a beach to play on, you can rent kayaks and paddle boards and they have a number of pools, including one with a beach entry that our one year old loved. The hotel’s restaurant is also nice for an anniversary dinner and the hotel is close to Sea World, the Zoo and downtown.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay with baby for 10 year anniversary trip?

i don't like paradise point because you have to drive to get anywhere. have stayed but i like the look and location of glorietta bay, pacific terrace gets good reviews, with a child, having the kitchen at the capri by the sea would come in handy. i'd check with the hotels and ask them if their pools are heated and to what temperature because as mentioned, the ocean will be too cold.

5. Re: Where to stay with baby for 10 year anniversary trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:18