We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time, One Night in San Diego Suggestions?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
197 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
First Time, One Night in San Diego Suggestions?

We are a couple in our early 30's, spending one night at the Bahia. We have never stayed in San Diego before only drove through. What might be one or two things you could recommend, we are already doing the free cruise for guest at Bahia. Not looking to do the Zoo or SeaWorld since we have done those before. I guess I'm looking for a good place to walk an sightsee something simple, maybe a pier, boardwalk or even a really good mall since we don't know the area. So far I am leaning toward Old Town, looks like a cool place with some good Mexican foo. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time, One Night in San Diego Suggestions?

You are next door to Pacific Beach. It's about 2 miles to the neat Crystal Pier that has hotel cottages on it. I would either take a long walk or the bus to get there. Walk along the boardwalk. Sit and have a bite to eat in one of the restaurants facing the ocean. Have drinks and watch the sunset. That would make for a nice afternoon.

http://goo.gl/maps/nQdRJ

Oh wait - you can take the cruise from your hotel to the Catamaran and get off there and walk from there. Pacific Beach is one block away.

You can also walk to Belmont Park and have drinks there or nearby.

The next morning I would drive to La Jolla and wander around the village.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time, One Night in San Diego Suggestions?

with only one night...i'd keep things simple. as mentioned above, take the short boat ride from bahia to the catamaran...have a dinner in the pacific beach area and walk back to the bahia along the boardwalk. it's flat...takes about 20-30 minutes. depending when you are going, the temps could drop a lot in the evening so bring a jacket for the walk home.

3. Re: First Time, One Night in San Diego Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 06:19