We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residence Inn Mission Valley or Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort

IL
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Residence Inn Mission Valley or Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort

I have a 2 and 3 year old and we plan on visiting the zoo and Legoland for sure. We will be there for 5 days in Spring.

There are not a lot of hotels available with a separate bedroom in our price range ($200).

The residence inn has 2 bedrooms and free breakfast which is nice, but the Carlsbad has 1 bedroom and it seems like it is on the ocean plus it sounds like there are places to walk to eat.

What are your thoughts on these two places?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,285 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Residence Inn Mission Valley or Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort

One is by the side of a busy highway while the other is in a scenic beach location.

You'll have to decide if having the 2 bedrooms is more important than scenery.

What are your dates? We may have other ideas?

IL
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Residence Inn Mission Valley or Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort

i am going the last week of March. Running into spring break so a lot of things are booked. Our first pick was Homewood Suites Liberty Bell but they dont have rooms left

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Residence Inn Mission Valley or Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort

You might also look at some options on Shelter Island. No beach but a short drive to get to one. Actually there is a very small beach and there's a playground but I don't think I'd go in the water there. They have 2 bdrms

halfmooninn.reachlocal.net/…

Next door is They Bay Club and then there's the Best Western Island Palms.

The last hotel at the tip is the Kona Kai. It has it's own beach. I know a lot of money went into refurbishing their restaurant I don't know about the hotel.

halfmooninn.reachlocal.net/…

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
157 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Residence Inn Mission Valley or Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort

No question. Carlsbad Inn. Walkable to many shops and on the beach. Nice pool. Family centered.

Close to Legoland - and about 30 minutes from the zoo.

5. Re: Residence Inn Mission Valley or Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 05:20