We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel del Coronado - wifi?

Calgary Alberta
Level Contributor
15 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel del Coronado - wifi?

Hi,

I have been researching the Hotel del Coronado on Coronado island and am wondering if they have wifi access in the rooms. Do you know if they do and if the connection is reliable?

Thanks!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel del Coronado - wifi?

Hi kfindlay !

Well, on their website it says that the rooms have high speed internet access .......

http://www.hoteldel.com/amenities.aspx

Is it reliable? I'm not sure why it wouldn't be. But, no, I have no experience with it. Have you read the hotel reviews on TA or yelp.com ? Have there been complaints about the internet being unreliable?

Edited: 05 February 2014, 18:53
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,507 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel del Coronado - wifi?

At a 5****** hotel like the Del I'd expect to have to pay extra for a service like getting onto the internet. I'd e-mail the hotel and ask.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel del Coronado - wifi?

According to their website it doesn't mention charging for it. I read it that it is included in the room for free (or for the cost of the room.)

Coronado Hotel Amenities

Combining a classic-yet-modern style with a relaxing and casual sophistication, the guestrooms at the Hotel del Coronado perfectly accentuate its captivating beachfront setting. To make your stay at this celebrated luxury hotel even more memorable, we stock your room with every modern comfort, including:

• The Del's signature line of personal care and bath products

• Plush terry robes

• 26 television channels, including HBO

• Voicemail

• High-speed Internet access

• Hairdryer

• Iron and ironing board

• In-room safe

• 24-hour in-room dining service

• Turndown service, upon request

• Nintendo Game Cube videogame system

• Daily newspaper delivery

Level Contributor
35,958 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel del Coronado - wifi?

There is no extra charge for wi-fi at this hotel. This is a beautiful oceanfront resort with alot of history. We enjoyed a stay in the Victorian Section of the hotel. Our room was very modern with a balcony that overlooked the inner gardens and gazebo. We would love to return here again! :)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,994 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel del Coronado - wifi?

WiFi is included in the resort fee. How well it works is a room by room thing as with many hotels.

Calgary Alberta
Level Contributor
15 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel del Coronado - wifi?

Thank you everyone! Your messages helped a lot!

California
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel del Coronado - wifi?

We stayed a few months ago and my recollection is that basic wifi for web or email was free. But if you want higher bandwidth for downloading or streaming media you have to pay.

8. Re: Hotel del Coronado - wifi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 06:20