We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Comic Con Convention

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Castlegar, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel for Comic Con Convention

I managed to score a volunteer pass for Comic Con this year so I'm looking for accommodation near the convention center or near public transit to the convention center. July 24, 25 and 26th. As inexpensive as possible. I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thank you

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for Comic Con Convention

Warren - seriously, you take what you can get. ComicCon is out biggest convention of the year. Hotels are booked months in advance and are expensive. Start a search and see if there is anything you can afford. I know of people that stay miles from the convention center just to be able to get a hotel at all.

Here is the map for where the Trolley goes. See if you can find something near a trolley strop so you can get to the convention ctr

http://www.sdmts.com/Trolley/Trolley.asp

San Diego, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for Comic Con Convention

Also, know that Comic Con books HUNDREDS of rooms only available via their website. And on a specific date-of-sale. They haven't released the date yet.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/hotels

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for Comic Con Convention

Right near where I live are a couple of 'dive' looking motels from the outside that aren't even on google.

San Diego Downtown Lodge

http://downtownlodgesd.com/

And this one on the corner of A & Eleventh but I can't see the name because of the trees.

http://goo.gl/maps/fA0Jl

There's also a Red Roof Inn on Ash & 7th Ave

redroof.com/property/…

San Diego, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for Comic Con Convention

The one on A & 11th is the Parkside Inn. Although they seem to be doing some interior remodeling.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for Comic Con Convention

Thanks. I drive by it regularly and can never remember the name. Apparently they don't have a website.

www.yelp.com/biz/parkside-inn-san-diego

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for Comic Con Convention

I booked my room through Booking.com when the dates were first announced. Even then, most hotels were showing already booked. I was very fortunate to get a room on the trolley line in Old Town. But dont fret.....yet! As previously posted, there will be rooms available directly through the CDCC website link but expect for it to get pricey. See you in the Volunteer assignment line!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for Comic Con Convention

I'm hoping to get a badge during the upcoming sale. I have already booked a hotel in Mission Valley - Hampton Inn (Don't think it is even open yet?) Is this area ok or is it a bit far out?

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for Comic Con Convention

Jonny - Is this the Hampton Inn you booked? I'm stumped when you think it's not open. So, is there a different one currently being built? If it's not this one please provide a link.

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

If so this is how you'll get to the Convention Center using public transportation

https://goo.gl/maps/CNdB5

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,356 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for Comic Con Convention

It might or might not be open, it is currently a Ramada Inn and changes over to Hampton Inn on May 1, 2014.

"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival May 1, 2014 and beyond"

I don't know if they closed the hotel for the changeover or if it is going to be like the Holiday Inn Bayfront to Wyndham Bayside when you go to sleep in the HI and wake-up in the Wyndham.

Comic Con will also have shuttles in the area, I just don't recall the pick-up points, the site might have last years spots..... I want to say one was either Town & Country or the Handlery.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel for Comic Con Convention

Yeah elizzie that is the one I booked. I'm assuming it has been closed for a bit of a facelift / changing of hands judging by the date they will accept reservations from. The mock up photo of the Hampton looks more appealing than street view of the Ramada anyway!

Looks a nice straight run to the Convention Centre.