We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Coast Village

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
162 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
North Coast Village

Have been to San Diego many times, but we are considering a 4-5 day trip to Oceanside this summer (possibly late June) to escape the heat of the Phoenix metro area.

We want to be as close to the ocean as possible, and North Coast Village looked well located for beach access, and there are some very nice and affordable units available. But I have read mixed reviews about Oceanside as a vacation destination.

My husband and I will be with our two kids, a 16 month old and a 3 y/o. We may take them to the zoo (I know SD is at least 45 min from Oceanside), and possibly Legoland, but we're mostly looking to relax on the beach. If we're not planning a lot of activities, is North Coast Village a good choice?

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
40 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Coast Village

We stayed there and really enjoyed it. True, the area may not be as nice as others but it's a really nice complex and the beach is right out front.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
162 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Coast Village

Thank you for your feedback! I spent many summer vacations in Pacific Beach/ Mission Beach as a kid (and loved it), but we're looking for something for something on the beach that is a little cheaper since we have another trip planned for later in the year.

The grounds of NCV do look beautiful, and I think my boys will enjoy playing in the grass, seeing the waterfalls, and feeding the koi. I saw some very nice rentals farther south, but a lot of the beach access required stairs, which I think will be more difficult with little ones. We're not picky- a nice beach that we can walk to will make us happy. I'm happy to hear that we shouldn't count out NVC- there are some really great deals offered during the month of June (I know that June has the potential to be gloomy, but that won't bother us. We'll just be glad to be out of the desert heat).

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
40 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Coast Village

It's been four years since we were there, so I can't really remember what the sand and water was like at the beach, we spent most of our time touring around. I am quite picky however and left this vacation, knowing that if I was to come back to the area, I would stay here again. We really enjoyed walking down the beach to the pier and going to Rubys Diner.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,885 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Coast Village

I would look at the ocean front condos in Solana Beach near Fletcher Cove before I'd look at Oceanside.

http://goo.gl/maps/Ym9K4

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…solana-beach

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,364 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: North Coast Village

Agree with Scott

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North Coast Village

I think North Coast Village will be fine, especially with small children and because you mostly want to relax. Oceanside has a rougher side, but the North Coast Village is in a great spot.

7. Re: North Coast Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 07:15