We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel in Little Italy or close by?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
336 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hotel in Little Italy or close by?

Hi. I live in Carlsbad however, I am NOT familiar with hotels in San Diego. Can anyone suggest a NICE place to stay in Little Italy? I prefer a pool but didn't see any with one. If nothing is great in Little Italy can someone suggest their favorite luxury hotel downtown that allows me to take the trolley to Little Italy. We will not have a car. We are taking the Coaster to SD for a fun few nights...THANKS!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,205 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel in Little Italy or close by?

The W, while isnt technically in Little Italy is where Id choose for pool and hotel if I wanted to be in (almost in) LI.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotel in Little Italy or close by?

The W is a good choice. Probably the nicest.

The Best Western Plus Bayside on Ash St in Little Italy has a pool. Some rooms have a view of the bay. There's a Doubletree on Front St in LI.

Other than that any hotel you find in Downtown is walkable to the train station - or a $5 cab ride. And easy to get to Little Italy. Walk, cab, trolley.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
336 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotel in Little Italy or close by?

Thank you!

4. Re: Best Hotel in Little Italy or close by?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 06:17