We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madewell, womens clothing store.

Revelstoke, B.C.
Level Contributor
373 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Madewell, womens clothing store.

Hi, stopping for one night in San Diego coming back from Maui. My wife LOVES the store Madewell.

We dont have them in Canada.

Do any of you know which one of the three in San Diego is the biggest, and best?

We want to book our hotel nearby, so we can then make a quick getaway to Vegas after she shops, and hitting Inn and Out Burger of course!

Special Offer
Skip the Line: USS Midway Museum
387 reviews
from US$18.00*
US$23.00
San Diego Whale Watching Expedition...
54 reviews
from US$42.00*
San Diego Zoo
160 reviews
from US$54.00*
San Diego Harbor Dinner Cruise
98 reviews
from US$89.82*
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madewell, womens clothing store.

Sorry, I don't know which is bigger. I imagine that Fashion Valley and UTC would be comparable. I wouldn't drive up to Carlsbad. I doubt it would be better.

Where will you be staying?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,341 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madewell, womens clothing store.

Interesting, I live near the UTC mall and I have never heard of those stores at all.

No idea which would be better. Sorry.

Edited: 06 July 2014, 03:59
Revelstoke, B.C.
Level Contributor
373 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madewell, womens clothing store.

Dont know where we are staying. Thats what we are trying to decide. Our plane lands late, just wanted to get a hotel close to the best Madewell so my wife can shop in the morning.

Which of those two mall is better??

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madewell, womens clothing store.

Fashion Valley Mall is just a few minutes drive from most downtown hotels. Since you are only staying 1 ni and aren't spending any time in the hotel I'd say Hotel Ciricle is fine. The mall is just on the other side of the freeway. I assume you'll have a car.

They are both nice malls and I don't see any reason to drive up to La Jolla. Where are you going when you leave SD? Are you driving north? If so, you can pop into the Fashion Valley Mall and then on your way north stop at UTC as you're passing it and see if they have different merchandise.

Riff - I've never heard of it either.

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Madewell, womens clothing store.

Like elizzie and Riff M I had never heard of Madewell either. Looks like they are big on denim. I guess I'm not much of a fashionista. :)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26,834 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Madewell, womens clothing store.

My wife was excited when they finally opened a store in San Diego after shopping at their stores in other cities. Madewell is a JCrew brand.

Just go to the location at Fashion Valley. As mentioned it is our best mall, UTC is nice too but Id stay central if you can only go to one. If you wanted to you could easily make the trip to UTC too, its only about a 10 minute drive from the Fashion Valley Mall.

7. Re: Madewell, womens clothing store.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 05:16