We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego 4 Adults May 2015

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
San Diego 4 Adults May 2015

Hi Im looking for accommodation, Pacific Beach was 1st option but looks like most places are booked out already

So now Im looking in San Diego and just do a day trip down to Pacific Beach

This is for 4 Aussie males in their early 40s happy to stay in 1 room if need be total budget for 3 nights would be about $1200 would need to be able to walk to bars etc

Staying 13th - 16th May 2015

Special Offer
Skip the Line: USS Midway Museum
388 reviews
from US$18.00*
US$23.00
San Diego Whale Watching Expedition...
55 reviews
from US$42.00*
San Diego Zoo
160 reviews
from US$54.00*
San Diego Harbor Dinner Cruise
99 reviews
from US$89.82*
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Diego 4 Adults May 2015

coobri, Hi - Welcome to San Diego!

I sincerely doubt that everything in Pacific Beach is already booked almost a year out. I think the problem is that it's too early and that they just aren't showing the prices yet. There is a holiday in May but it's the 26th and wouldn't affect you. You're also going to be here mid-week so I'm sure if you keep checking you'll find places to stay.

Beach Cottages, Pacific Terrace, Blue Sea Lodge, Ocean View, Catamaran, etc

Just a little info on San Diego. Pacific Beach is a part of the City of San Diego. If you stay in the Downtown area (marina, Little Italy, bay) you would drive North to go to PB.

http://goo.gl/maps/1iv1T

http://goo.gl/maps/LQRit

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,368 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Diego 4 Adults May 2015

I agree with elizzie! It is too early to book for many hotels for May 2015.

It is funny because I have just gotten annoyed with folks for leaving their hotel bookings too late for this month, July 2014! You guys have the right idea. Think about where you'd like to stay and then watch the hotel web sites until you see prices for the month that interests you.

Will you guys have a car for daytime sightseeing?

If you stay in the northern end of Pacific Beach at places like Pacific Terrace, Tower 23, Ocean Park Inn or lower priced Diamondhead Inn or maybe the apartments in Capri by the Sea you'd be able to walk to bars/restaurants in Pacific Beach and also take a bus up to our La Jolla neighborhood for more upscale options like Eddie Vs.

You might also consider taking a bus into downtown San Diego for lots more nightlife and then cabbing or "uber" ing back to PB so you don't have to drive. IF nightlife is more important to you than beach then I'd stay in downtown or nearby Little Italy and just drive to the beach during the day.

Lots of hotels from which to choose downtown/Little Italy(just north of downtown).

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: San Diego 4 Adults May 2015

Thanks for the reply's

You could be right it might be to far out for some hotels to show prices

I was just on here trying to get an idea of prices and when I put the dates we want in a lot are showing that they don't have rooms for the dates we want

Tower 23 for example is showing only 1 room available

We are driving up from Hollywood but would prefer to just drop car off in San Diego and cabb it or taking bus etc

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Diego 4 Adults May 2015

I think it's just too early. If it makes you feel any better why don't you shoot off an email to Tower 23 and ask if they have any rooms available for your dates. I suppose it is possible that they have a very large party or a company has booked them for a retreat or meeting.

If you stay at the beach it's usually best to have the car if you want to go anyplace other than the beach to see or do anything. Although splitting a taxi 4 ways isn't so bad. To get to downtown SD it's about $35 one way so splitting it isn't much at all. Otherwise a bus will take 1 hr one way.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: San Diego 4 Adults May 2015

Yeah you could be right not going to book for a month or 2 just trying to get an idea on price etc

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: San Diego 4 Adults May 2015

All booked in at Tower23 hotel 13th-16th May

Is there any sports the we could go and see this time of year?

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Diego 4 Adults May 2015

Good - just want to make sure you know that Tower 23 does not have a pool. It is on the beach though and is nice.

For going to a sports game you might keep checking the website for the San Diego Padres which is a baseball team that plays downtown at PetCo Park when they have home games. It's too early to tell what their schedule will be for May 2015 or if they'll have a home game while you're here. It's not the most exciting game there is but the experience is fun in the stadium. Most of us don't sit in our seats the whole game. We get up and walk around and even go down to the Park at the Park. So it's not necessary to buy expensive tickets. Just enjoy the experience.

sandiego.padres.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=sd

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: San Diego 4 Adults May 2015

Yeah we know Tower23 doesn't have a pool

Thanks for info on the Padres will keep a look out for games

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: San Diego 4 Adults May 2015

Ok guys its getting close now and I have a cpl questions

Driving from Hollywood on the Wednesday not sure on what time we will get to Pacific Beach so will just hang around that area after we check in at

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,368 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: San Diego 4 Adults May 2015

Hi coobri,

If you have questions about what to see/do you might want to start a new thread so folks get an idea of what you need to know.