We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four days in SD Area, itinerary help.

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
J B
McAllen, Texas
6 posts
Save Topic
Four days in SD Area, itinerary help.

My wife and I will be flying into San Diego this Saturday (19th) mid-morning with my three children (7, 5 and 2). We will be departing Wednesday the 23th about noon. I will be renting a car and we want to visit Disneyland, Legoland and perhaps SeaWorld. I have secured (refundable) lodging for the 19th-23rd in the Hotel Circle Area and additional have a room reserved in Anaheim for the 22nd and 23rd. My original plan was: 19th- Explore downtown/beach area, 20th- Legoland, 21st- Seaworld(then drive to Anaheim to sleep), 22nd- Disney, 23rd – drive to SD for return flight. I am now thinking I do not want to risk arriving late for my flight. Any suggestions to adjust itinerary? Thanks in advance.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four days in SD Area, itinerary help.

Hi JB !

Re your itinerary - a couple of comments.

19th - <<Explore downtown/beach area,>>

It's a good idea to explore along the Bay where the Maritime Museum, Old Ships, USS Midway, Seaport Village are. There's also a new park where the kids can run through water.

utsandiego.com/news/…

There is no beach. The closest and least crowded is Coronado.

taking into account your flight out on the 23rd at noon I wouldn't chance driving from Anaheim. I would go to Legoland on the 20th. It is on the way to Anaheim so you can sleep there on the 20th. 21st go to Disneyland and go back to SD to sleep. Get up the 22nd and go to SeaWorld (if you decide to go - that's a lot of parks in a short trip). Then you'll be in San Diego the night of the 22nd and in town to get up for your flight on the 23rd.

J B
McAllen, Texas
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Four days in SD Area, itinerary help.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Any "must-sees" for kids in San Diego? I am not much of a theme park type, but the majority vote (wife/kids) love them. I am more about the experience of the city.

3. Re: Four days in SD Area, itinerary help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 06:16