We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best in 3 days

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
Level Contributor
24 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Best in 3 days

How can one best see San Diego area in 3 days?

Include Zoo and Safari Park; we have a car; Old San Diego & Gas Light district?

What else?

Thankyou, Paul

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best in 3 days

Hi Paul - Welcome to San Diego!

When is this trip planned? If it's the summer I would not recommend going to the Safari Park. It is not in San Diego. It's about a 45 min drive away and it's in the desert. It can be 90 - over 100 degrees out there. The park has little shade. So can be very uncomfortable.

Where are you staying? With a car you can easily drive to the Zoo and parking is Free. Drive to Old Town. Parking is Free. The Gaslamp Quarter is a place with restaurants, bars & nightlife. You can drive there. Sunday's parking is free otherwise you pay parking meters or pay for a parking lot.

Lugano, Switzerland
Level Contributor
516 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best in 3 days

I agree with Ellizzie.

My favorite area is also the seaport village, the harbour (especially the US Midway, you can also visit it inside), I would also go to Balboa Park and possibly to one beach (La Jolla even though it's not very close, otherwise Pacific Beach and Mission Bay).

Have fun!

3. Re: Best in 3 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 05:16