We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights and one full day, what must I see?

PA
Level Contributor
5 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights and one full day, what must I see?

I'll be arriving and staying downtown at the Sofia hotel on 8/28 and 8/29. What must I see?

My initial inquiries say to go to Sunset cliffs , Mount Soledad. I also am a fan of beer so I see The Beer co brewpub and Karl Strauss Brewing are within walking distance. Any advise?

P.S . It's my wife and I , and my mother in-law :-(

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,467 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights and one full day, what must I see?

Hi,

Wondering what "initial inquiries" told you to go to Sunset cliffs and Mount Soledad?

I don't see any other posts from you on this forum.

Will you have a car? What are your interests? Every traveler is different so there is no one answer to your question.

Since you are staying downtown you can easily walk to the bayfront to see ships or to visit them. The USS Midway aircraft carrier is there and our Maritime Museum has an old sailing ship and a Russian sub to visit. There are often special events there to enjoy.

You can also take a harbor cruise or take the ferry across the bay to Coronado where there is a lovely beach, Victorian seaside hotel etc.

In easy bus/taxi/car distance of about 3miles is Balboa Park with its gardens, small museums or all sorts,outdoor entertainment, theater, restaurants, and our world famous zoo.

Please let us know if you'll have a car as that would tell us if you can drive farther afield or id you'd need a tour.

You only have a short time here so not sure which activities you'd prefer doing/seeing??

Mentioned in this post
Coronado
Coronado
California
Balboa Park
Balboa Park
10,544 Reviews
San Diego, CA
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights and one full day, what must I see?

Yes, please tell us if you'll have a car.

I'm not sure with only 2 days I'm be seeking out Sunset Cliffs & Mt Soledad. But I can understand if you want to see a sunset over the Pacific Ocean.

As Riff said you are walking distance to all the bayfront activities.

Mentioned in this post
Pacific Beach
Pacific Beach
1,028 Reviews
San Diego, CA
3. Re: 2 nights and one full day, what must I see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 06:16