We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting January 2015

8 posts
Save Topic
Visiting January 2015

We are a family of 5 visiting the second week of January after Disneyland. We are going to the zoo and sea world and would like to stay close to that area. If there any hotel ideas that also provide a kids suite? Also any other ideas of what to do while we are there?

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting January 2015

I'm not sure what you mean by a 'kids suite'. Do you mean a hotel room with a separate bedroom for the kids?

If so, the Homewood Suites Liberty Station is very popular with families. It's about 10 mins from both SeaWorld and the Zoo. They have suite rooms, free parking (not common), free breakfasts and during the week free dinners / drinks.

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

For other recommendations what are the ages of your kids? Boys, girls?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,705 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting January 2015

Hi,

Will you have a car and what is your budget for lodging in $$?

That makes a difference as Sea World and the zoo are not in the same area of the city.

They are about 15min. apart by car but longer by public transit.

How many days do you have here in San Diego?? What are the ages of your children??

I ask because there are many different sorts of things to see/do in addition to the animal parks you have mentioned but each family is a bit different in what they'd enjoy.

As mentioned above you will need different sorts of bed arrangements if they are young children vs. if they are teens.

Edited: 11 August 2014, 22:36
Portage la Prairie...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting January 2015

Our budget for our hotel is not to go over 150.00 I night if possible. we will have a car rental so we can drive a lot of places. We will be in San Diego for 7 days. My kids are 8,10,12 years old. We are looking for a room with a kids room off of it. any recommendations will be helpful thanks!

Edited: 12 August 2014, 04:06
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting January 2015

I posted a link to the Homewood Suites Liberty Station in #1.

If that's not in your budget have a look at the Old Town Inn

http://www.oldtown-inn.com/

Maybe the Residence Inn on Hotel Circle.

marriott.com/hotels/…

The Residence Inn on Pacific Hwy is a better location across from the Bay but it might not be in your budget.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,705 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting January 2015

You might consider a vacation rental instead of a hotel.

Take a look on :

www.vrbo.com (vacation rental by owner)and if something fits your budget come back and show us the link so we can discuss the location.

The Old Town Inn should also fit your budget. The Days Hotel might also be within your range.

http://www.dayshotelhc.com/

Residence Inns will be fine but may be too expensive.

Lets try to get lodging for you and then we can discuss things to do.

There's a lot here besides the expensive theme parks you have mentioned.

8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting January 2015

How is the Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo SeaWorld Area?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,705 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting January 2015

I am confused?? Are YvonneR and yrempel traveling together or is this 2 different groups trying to talk to us on one thread???

The Comfort Inn will be perfectly OK as long as you know that although central it is not in a pretty residential area but is more of a beside the road motel.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting January 2015

<<How is the Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo SeaWorld Area?>>

It'll do if you are on a budget. I think the Old Town Inn is a little better because you at least can walk to restaurants in Old Town. There's not much to walk to at the Comfort Inn. But maybe that's not important to you.

Parsonsfield
Level Contributor
188 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visiting January 2015

Checkout the Lafayette in North Park. They have a suite called the Suze Zuite that has 2 adjacent bedrooms- one with bunk beds with 2 bathrooms at around $120 a night

http://www.lafayettehotelsd.com/

Edited: 12 August 2014, 21:15
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Visiting January 2015

sorry Riff M I am both YvonneR and yrempel. I seem to log into tripadvisor differently on my phone and my computer I am trying to change that.

I am looking at old town inn to see if that will work for my family. we would like to do some of the main attractions but also some local fun stuff.