We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting san Diego September 12th- 15th 2014

united kingdom
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting san Diego September 12th- 15th 2014

Hi I'm coming to dan dieago on September 12th-15th so 4 day stay just wanted to see what people advise clothing wise to bring? I'm a bit of a freezer so don't want to be cold and to of brought all summer clothes thanks

San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,256 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting san Diego September 12th- 15th 2014

September is typically one of our warmest and driest months; in fact the highest temperature ever officially recorded here was on September 26, 1963. The averages for the days you will be here, at the airport at least, are an afternoon high of 77 F (25 C) and a nighttime low of 66 F (19 C). Those are just the averages. It could be hotter, if a "Santa Ana condition" is prevailing, and September is one of the months known for that weather pattern. It could be colder, but that's unlikely. I don't think you need to worry about cold at all. it is more likely to be hot and dry. You might bring a light sweater or jacket if you will be outdoors at night. Rain is almost unknown in September here.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting san Diego September 12th- 15th 2014

Thankyou so much it's just we went to San Francisco 2 years ago in august and it was always cold and didn't pack any warm clothes so don't want to be caught out again!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,266 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting san Diego September 12th- 15th 2014

HI,

San Francisco and San Diego are miles and miles apart so different weather.

September is our hottest month but you should still have a light jacket/sweatshirt or shawl to have with you in air conditioned restaurants and if you go to an outdoor evening activity.

You will find that there are 4 separate weather areas so on the news they will have 4 different weather reports. The coast has different weather than 10miles inland. It will be hotter during the day away from the ocean and then cooler at night. If you visit our mountains and/or desert areas they again will be different.

You can bring your summer clothes here as long as you also have something longer for evenings --just in case.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 14:36
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
581 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting san Diego September 12th- 15th 2014

The rule of thumb in SD is always have a sweatshirt or light sweater after sunset for just in case. Hard to predict the weather but you can count on nice sunny weather. SF is Northern California & has different weather pattern.

Lugano, Switzerland
Level Contributor
528 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting san Diego September 12th- 15th 2014

I've been in SD from September to December, September is a wonderful month in San Diego but I agree with previous comments, I always had a light jacket or sweater with me (it's often windy over there).

6. Re: Visiting san Diego September 12th- 15th 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:17