We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any reviews for Rent4Less rental cars??

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dallas, tx
1 post
Save Topic
Any reviews for Rent4Less rental cars??

Looking to get reviews (good or bad) for renting cars thru Rent4Less at San Diego Airport. We're going on vacation to SD for Christmas and would like to find a inexpensive but reputable car rental company. I looked up different companies and found Rent4Less to be pretty reasonable compared to some of the big national companies. Any suggestions??

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,610 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any reviews for Rent4Less rental cars??

I have never heard of it. If you want very inexpensive cars BUT from the big companies go to priceline.com and bid on a car. I did that for a car form the Oakland Ca airport and got it for $12 per day. I don't think you can beat that price!! I first bid$10 and they told me no one would accept that bid and so I raised it to $12 they only giv eyou cars form name car companies.

west
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any reviews for Rent4Less rental cars??

This Avis discount I.D. has been posted as being good for rentals in 2006, try it. K817625

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any reviews for Rent4Less rental cars??

My brother rented from them when he visited in August because of the rates - he had no problems at all and was completely satisfied with them.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any reviews for Rent4Less rental cars??

My brother rented from them when he visited in August because of the rates - he had no problems at all and was completely satisfied with them.

usa
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Any reviews for Rent4Less rental cars??

This is a bad review for Rent4Less, the San Diego airport branch. Would absolutely never use them again. Made our reservation online. We arrived at the place and they didn't have the car we reserved, of course the only one they had was twice the money as the one we had reserved. The people in front of us in line also had their car switched on them and were being charged a lot more money. The man in line behind us was also told that his car was not available. He informed us all that this was illegal since it was within an hour of his reservation time and he would not pay a dime extra and he said he was an lawyer. We did end up taking the car for twice as much money because we didn't know what else to do. They also had us fill out the paperwork and initial a bunch of stuff before we had seen the car. Some of it, I refused to initial for example bringing it back with a full tank of gas. That was a good thing because the car was only given to us with a half tank. I could go on and on. Our whole experience with Rent4Less was awful and we would never rent a car from them again.

San Diego
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Any reviews for Rent4Less rental cars??

Do not rent from Rent4Less! EVER! Their dishonesty continues to shock me. Enterprise is just as reasonable, and they are HONEST and easy to deal with, at least in our experience. My daughter rented a car from Rent4Less, they wound up charging her 2 times more than she had agreed to because she's under 21, but never told her that this would be the case, nor is it on her rental agreement, at least not in a way that we would ever know that. It says "Under $25/day" with no amount next to it...that told us that the rental itself was under $25 a day....or so we thought. Now they are saying that that means "underage - additional $25 a day". They charged her credit card every day for the rental and the surcharge, until they maxed it out, causing her to look at the charges online. She disputed the charges with her credit card company. The dispute was denied since Rent4Less provided them with FRAUDULENT receipts!! These were copies of credit card slips, with all of the itemized charges that she was disputing...WITH her signature (she never signed these receipts)....they had to have copied, cut & pasted her signature onto the slips. It is interesting how her signature is perfectly identical on the slips, no variation whatsoever. We are going to have to fight hard to make these folks own up to this one. BUYER BEWARE! You can't trust these people.

SAN DIEGO
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Any reviews for Rent4Less rental cars??

Thank you for the reviews both good and bad. I am the new Manager for Rent 4 Less in San Diego and it is helpful to hear the feedback that's out there. jdusa and angels4me I am so sorry to hear about the misfortunes you had at our location. In the short time I have been here I implemented an intesnse program of checking daily on outgoing reservations especially over holidays on specialty vehicles and can assure you, our first holiday with this went over without a single hitch. Nobody was turned down and there were definitely no extra charges or anything else of that nature. To address any confusion within rates and charges every customer is to sign a clearly marked page in addition to their rental contract that gives a full breakdown of all charges that way there is absolutely no confusion whatsoever on what our customer is paying.I have been in this industry a long long long time and hope to improve the image. If anybody else has something to say please feel free to call me directly at 619-807-4335. Iam assuming all past issues are or have already been addressed up to our corporate office and are beyond me, but in the future and presently all issues can be handled directly through me. Thanks for your time and consideration.

New York
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Any reviews for Rent4Less rental cars??

If you have a Costco card, you can get a deep discount on any of the reputable car rental companies (Avis, Hertz, Budget, Alamo). Go on to Costco.com and hit the "travel" icon. It will bring you to destinations and car rentals. You need to be a member though. Also, if you have AAA, they offer discounts for Hertz - not as good of discounts as Costco though.

Windsor, CT
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any reviews for Rent4Less rental cars??

After reading this post, and seeing Sean's (user rent4less) response, I decided to rent from them on my recent trip to SD.

We rented a convertible for our week long trip. The price was great, with only the nefarious Fox Rentals beating it. We were traveling with our 15 month old daughter, so we also needed a toddler car-seat. After speaking with Sean, I took his advice and called the SD location the day before we were set to arrive. They were able to lock in my reservation and set aside one of the Mustang convertibles, as this was my preference. They also assured me a car-seat would be available.

Upon arrival, their shuttle did take longer to arrive than any of the major rental agencies. Where we saw a Hertz shuttle ever 3 minutes, it took roughly 15 minutes for the Rent4Less shuttle to arrive. Not a long time, really, but seeing Hertz go by 4-5 times (Avis & Budget went by 2-3 each) made it seem that much longer.

They got us off & running fairly quick, with their only hangup coming when I wanted to waive insurance but had made the foolish mistake of not bringing a copy of my own policy. They eventually allowed me to waive it anyway.

It was on the Wednesday of our trip when things got interesting: I managed to lock my keys in the trunk of our rented convertible. Rent4Less saved the day. Despite a strange policy of keeping spare keys in their LA headquarters, they drove a replacement car out to us within 30 minutes of my calling them. When they got the keys later that evening, they drove the car over to the B&B I was staying at and dropped off the contents of the trunk.

Returning the car was problem free.

In the end, the wife and I were very satisfied with the service we received from Rent4Less at the SD Airport, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Regards,

Eric-

san diego
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Any reviews for Rent4Less rental cars??

Stay away form Rent4less..they are having financail issues..There are a lot of small company around the ariport you can look at like FOX.