We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland to legoland

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
400 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Disneyland to legoland

After visiting Disneyland this year we are planning a trip back next year and want to include Legoland and San Diego. Can you please suggest the best alternative, should we fly to LA then bus it to San Diego, then Disneyland, or would it make more sense to go from LA to Anaheim then bus it to San Diego. We are aussies and my husband doesn't want to rent a car so we wil probably book the blue super shuttle buses fro transport, unless someone can suggest a better alternative. thanks

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland to legoland

Legoland is actually in Carlsbad (about 30 minute north of San Diego). You can catch Amtrak in Anaheim and take it into San Diego, but you will still need a way to back track to Carlsbad.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,897 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland to legoland

Juxie is right. There is a train to the city of SanDiego BUT it stops in the suburbs in the town of Oceanside(just north of CArlsbad) or SolanaBeach (alittle south of Carlsbad) It scalled the Pacific Surfliner.

Legoland is located inthe town of Carlsbad which is in the County of SanDeiog. by the way there is more to see in the city an dcounty of SanDeiog than just Legoland. We have a world famous zoo(downtown Snadieog) SeaWorld(city of SnaDieog) a harbor where you can board a US aircraft carrier(The USS MIdway) a park with lots of fun museums(yes even for kiddies and othe rsights for the adults as well. )SanDiego is a great famiy vacation destination. Come down and see us some time!!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,897 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland to legoland

Oh sorry sorry :to find th e train go to www.amtrak/california

YOu will have to take a taxi or bus from the train to Legoland.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyland to legoland

Depending how old the kids are, you might want to consider skipping Legoland and going to Seaworld instead. Logistics would be easier.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
400 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneyland to legoland

Thanks everyone, we are planning to see the zoo and sea world etc, and more of san diego, so I think we might just stay in san diego.

San Diego
Level Contributor
204 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disneyland to legoland

If you do decide to visit Carlsbad or Legoland, the Coaster is a local train that has a station in Carlsbad, but not too close to Legoland. If you don't have kids under age 12 or so, then I don't think it would be on the top of the list of things to see (and that's from a former Legoland passholder). Or if you are staying in San Diego, there are day tours that would take you to Legoland (or Sea World or Zoo or...). I'm drawing a blank on the name of the one my Aussie friends used. I'll post back when it dawns on me.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,897 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disneyland to legoland

Sorry for all my typos today. When you decide how long you want to stay inSanDiego and want to start looking for hotels let us know.

I do strongly agree that Legoland was built with kiddies under age 12(or even 11) in mind.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
400 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disneyland to legoland

Thanks so much, we have a five year old son who lives and breathes lego, so legoland is a must. Would two days be overkill for legoland, I was thinking of staying at the Holiday Inn Carlsbad for three nights and then san diego for four nights.

Jodi

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disneyland to legoland

From LAX the new FlyAway bus provides frequent, inexpensive service to Union Station in downtown Los Angeles. From there you can take a train to Oceanside or San Diego. From Oceanside, it is a 7 mile taxi ride to Legoland (about $20).

Or you can take the Disneyland Express bus from LAX to Disneyland and later you can take a train from the Anaheim station near Disneyland (short taxi ride) to San Diego or Oceanside.

Frazier Park...
Level Contributor
451 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disneyland to legoland

Hi,

2 days will not be overkill. Legoland is wonderful! Before I had a child, I thought it sounded stupid, but then we visited with my 3 year old, and looooved it! It is a very special place. Your son will have a great time. You have to try the 'apple fries' in the knight's kingdom area (yum). If you're there at the right time, the flower fields will be in bloom, and there is a great outlet mall nearby. Carlsbad is a nice beach town, and unpretentious. Have a great time!