We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So many choices . . .

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pug Lova in NYC
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
So many choices . . .

Will be traveling from NYC to San Fran then from San Fran to San Diego during the last week of May 07. So, my husband and I are completely torn as to where to stay . . . any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

We don't have children & are not traveling with any children. We plan on exploring the Zoo, downtown San Diego, La Jolla, maybe an overnight to Palm Springs, etc. and would like a "decent" place to stay in San Diego. We're not concerned with the extra's and amenities, rather would like a very clean room in a fabulous, but quiet location. We'd actually like to stay very close to the beach, but my research has not proven to come up with anything all that great. The places on Mission Bay seem a bit run down & not worth the $275/night cost. I love to jog in the morning & if we could stay at a place that allows me to run around, that would be a wonderful bonus. Should I look in Coronado for more of a beachy feel?

Looking forward to any input - Thanks!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So many choices . . .

Check out some of the hotels in downtown San Diego. I stayed at the Courtyard for work this past year and thought it was a great hotel that was in easy walking distance to the gaslamp district and many restraunts. The hotel is an old bank building and the rooms are of good size and very clean.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,684 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So many choices . . .

The Catamaran that backs onto MissionBay is not run down. There is a great jogging trail that runs 26 miles through MissionBay Park. We do 3 miles of it walking on the weekends.

You could look at the Balboa Park Inn which is right across the street from the park.

YOou could look at the GloriettaBay Inn&suites which has rooms in an old mansion and modern suites in the courtyard. I t is across the street from the historic Hotel delCoronado and the beach.

Pug Lova in NYC
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: So many choices . . .

Thanks so much. What are your thoughts on the Glorietta as opposed to Humphreys? My other concern is transportation to downtown, the zoo, etc. , is there any public transport from either of these hotels?

4. Re: So many choices . . .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 00:17