We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Titusville to Cocoa Beach?

France
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
How to get from Titusville to Cocoa Beach?

We want to spend a few days in Cocoa Beach at the end of our round the US journey. We will travel at all times via public transport and will arrive in Titusville at Amtrak or the Greyhound station.

Is there a method to get from Titusville to Cocoa beach by public transport or shuttle van?

Many thanks

France
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: How to get from Titusville to Cocoa Beach?

Have just taken a look at street view, the bus stop is right outside Anthony's. slightly leaning over with route 26 quite clearly on it. The image is may 2011.

Now that would be convenient!

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,924 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How to get from Titusville to Cocoa Beach?

The transit website interacts with Google Maps to provide bus directions and estimated travel time. The feature leads to the bus stop at Anthony's.

Rather amazingly, for a trip from Cocoa on the mainland to Anthony's, it suggests taking bus #1 from Cocoa to Melbourne International Airport, then bus #26 onward to Anthony's.

http://www.ridescat.com

France
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: How to get from Titusville to Cocoa Beach?

There appears to be gap between bustop 13 and 14 on route 26 unless I am missing something.

The bus does obviously go past Anthony's so that's a good start, but have you seen something I haven't?

Thanks

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,924 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How to get from Titusville to Cocoa Beach?

The SCAT bus service coordinates with Google Maps, so I would trust Google Maps' placement of a bus stop at Anthony's and directions that have the bus stopping at Anthony's.

The bus schedule and stops seem set up in standard American form, with some stops being transfer points from one bus route to another, schedule points (the bus will wait if it's early) and with other stops in between.

I admit it seems a bit odd that, apparently, transfer/schedule stops are numbered, while there's other un-numbered bus stops between. Try their Google Maps directions box with Anthony's address.

http://www.ridescat.com

France
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: How to get from Titusville to Cocoa Beach?

OK I have got it now.

The Greyhound uses the same Melbourne airport terminal that the SCAT buses start from, and only about 25 yards away too! Although the Antony's stop isn't listed as a separate stop (or are many others) it does give the address specifically plus the time to get there.

This is now a perfect set up for us, thank you very much.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: How to get from Titusville to Cocoa Beach?

I called the SCAT office and they confirmed there is a stop at 35th Street South that is not shown on the schedule. Our neighbor drove by and confirmed that the sign is still there. When you see the bus coming, seem interested and give a a hailing motion, and it should stop at the sign.

The stop is right outside the hotel, which is at 35th Street, not 39th Street.

I understand your loyalty and am sure that Anthony's will work out OK for you, but you will have to change from the #26 bus to the #9 bus if you are going into Cocoa Beach itself. Not a major problem.

Edited: 11 January 2013, 16:38
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: How to get from Titusville to Cocoa Beach?

I must admit, the Amtrak bit sounds fun.

but I would never ever suggest that anyone use the Greyhound bus system to get around the USA. In many (most cases) the greyhound stations are in the inner cities in the worst area and don't attract many average americans. In this last case you are mentioning I would say it is acceptible. But this area of Florida, along with most of florida is set up for car drivers only.

I would use a car in areas that aren't major urban centers (where public transport tends to be good). Esp given you come from a country that drives on the same side of the road- should be easy for you.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,924 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: How to get from Titusville to Cocoa Beach?

Thanks, PhotoTravels.

Having Greyhound and the central SCAT bus station at Melbourne International Aiirport looks great. Be careful getting from Amtrak to Greyhound (presumably in Orlando).

I can't resist commenting that the bus system in Orlando is called LYNX (the medium-sized European and northern North American cats and also the scientific name for the bobcat), while the Brevard County system is called SCAT (as in the droppings of bobcats).

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: How to get from Titusville to Cocoa Beach?

Hmmm... interesting detail about the cats. More fun than studying bus schedules!

Edited: 11 January 2013, 20:50
France
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: How to get from Titusville to Cocoa Beach?

It's quite remarkable the time you people give, very generous.

We are from the UK and look for a small challenge from time to time. 10 years ago I spent a whole 7 days on Greyhound, only 2 night in hotels. It was one of the best journeys of my life as it was possibel to meet so many people with a story to tell and from all walks of life.

This time my wife will travel with me so we have compromised by alternating between Greyhound and Amtrak. This isn't a sight seeing holiday, it's a journey around the US (yes we will miss great big pieces of it).

London - NY City - Greyhound to Chicago (friends there) - Amtrak to San Francisco - Thruway bus and train to Santa Barbara - Antrak to New Orleans - Greyhound to Melbourne - Greyhound to Jacksonville - maybe fly out of Jacksonville or Greyhound to NY City - London

Chicago we stay 3 days and Cocoa Beach 2 or 3 days, all the other destinations 1 full day.

The idea is to see some of the US we haven't seen from a bus or train window, but hope to meet lots of people is the best part for us.

The idea is to get out of our comfort zone and take notice of what's around us again, just as we did when we were in our twenties.

We have to wait about another 10 days to guarantee we can get the time to do this, at that point I'll book it all up and have to say that personally finally arriving at Cocoa beach will be a highlight of the trip for me.

Thanks again, sorry this went a bit off topic but wanted to explain why we are not renting a car.

ps: Where else would we have learned about cats, and how can anybody reading your post on that ever get on another of these buses again without a smile or a deep sniff.

Edited: 11 January 2013, 21:02
Get answers to your questions about Titusville