We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antelope House Tours on a bad back?

U.S.
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Antelope House Tours on a bad back?

My husband and I would like to take the Antelope House Tour in January. I have a very bad back. I know the "shake and bake" tours would never work for me. But what about this private jeep tour? I know you're not riding on a paved road. How "bouncy" is the jeep tour? Is it doable for someone with back problems?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,287 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antelope House Tours on a bad back?

The tour is mostly up the river bed in the canyon. It's not so much about bumps, although you're not traveling on traditional roads.

Mention your back issues when you call to book the tour. We traveled in a comfortable Chevy Suburban. Though I saw Ben driving a newer Jeep.

I wouldn't call the tour bouncy like other off road tours I've done elsewhere.

U.S.
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antelope House Tours on a bad back?

Thank you! My husband pointed out that I didn't ask about other tours that would be kind to a bad back,

Other than Antelope House Tours, are there other tours that are more gentle, not super "bouncy?"

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,287 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antelope House Tours on a bad back?

All of the tours use the same routes. It's more about the type of vehicle than where the tour goes. I recommend Antelope House. Call Adam Teller there.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,745 posts
809 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antelope House Tours on a bad back?

I'd also say talk to them beforehand and make sure they understand the problem. I'd have said if they go really slowly over the 'tricky' parts it should be alright. it would be a great shame to miss such a very, very special experience as CdeC is!

5. Re: Antelope House Tours on a bad back?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2013, 05:15