We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wellfleet bay sanctuary from provincetown

Which Wellfleet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
470 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
wellfleet bay sanctuary from provincetown

hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to get to the sanctuary from provincetown if one doesn't have a car.

We are going to be staying in Provincetown in May and it would be nice to see this area, though we won't have a car with us, but are going to rent bikes. Is it possible to ride down there?

thanks!

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wellfleet bay sanctuary from provincetown

Hi altermood,

Yes, you can bike to the Wellfleet Wildlife Sanctuary which is in South Wellfleet, however part of that trip will be on busy Rt. 6. Personally, I would hesitate to do this if you were going in July or August but the traffic in May should not be too intense. There is a great bike trail that you can pick up once you get into Wellfleet that will take you near the Sanctuary. Another option would be to take a bus part way and then bike. I will attach a link that might help you out with non-car transportation. As I recall the Flex bus, which offers fabulous service on the outer cape, is not running its full schedule until after Memorial Day. In any event, check it all out at

www.smartguide.org/capecod/land-links.html

Let me know if you need any other information about the outer cape

2. Re: wellfleet bay sanctuary from provincetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Wellfleet