We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cottage rental available on the ocean

Which Wellfleet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Cottage rental available on the ocean

www.thebeachcomber.com/cottages/index.html

In with some other info that The Beachcomber sent out was the info that they still have some rental weeks available for their two summer house rentals which are right there on the top of the dune and just across from their location.

This is a terrific location for everyone who loves the sun, sand, sea and all the music, meals and dancing that you can take before you drop.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,716 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cottage rental available on the ocean

Interesting, CCC, didn't know that they had cottages.

Haven't been to Cahoon's Hollow for many years. Last time we went, we picked up some food from the place on 6A where you turn off for the beach and sat on top of the dunes to eat, all huddled up. It was probably early June and we didn't go right down to the beach.

NYC
Level Contributor
660 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cottage rental available on the ocean

In general I love this area – but be aware these rentals are right above a very noisy, active parking lot. You’d be going to sleep listening to the bar’s live bands and people yelling and laughing. I know there are lots of people out there who consider the location a plus - just be aware this isn't the place to go to get away from it all.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,172 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cottage rental available on the ocean

How right you are!...definitely a party scene!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cottage rental available on the ocean

Well that's what I was saying about the party scene and how great that would be for so many.

Yes, Senior, they always had two beach-worn cottages there and now they have torn them down and replaced them with these new houses.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cottage rental available on the ocean

Hmmm...let's see,

Gas for the trip: $46.00

Lunch at a 'B' list $51.00

Some clothes adhoc: $100.00

'A' list dinner: $125.00 ++

Speeding ticket in CT: $215.00

Nitecap (4) @ The Paddock: $35.00

The scents of the Atlantic Ocean wafting over the beach, cigar & Sam Adams in hand, wife & daughter on the deck (still) & the sounds of Zeppelin, Jim Morrison, The Boss or Clapton drifting thru my lazy, sleepy ears. $$ PRICLESS.

I AIN'T GONNA' JOIN THIS GERIATRIC WARD!!

XOXOX Adm Halsey

NYC
Level Contributor
660 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cottage rental available on the ocean

“the sounds of Zeppelin, Jim Morrison, The Boss or Clapton drifting thru my lazy, sleepy ears. $$ PRICLESS.

I AIN'T GONNA' JOIN THIS GERIATRIC WARD!!”

But that line up is from 50 years ago! Aren’t all those artists dead or in the geriatric ward?

I kid! In fact, when the music isn't my thing, I’ve often left the Beachcomber in favor of the classic rock juke box and a few games of pool over at the Bomb Shelter by Mayo Beach. My real point is the Beachcomber isn't always going to play your, my or anyone's favorites and that would get old for me at 1am.

I think CCC's adive that you love 'all the music' is right on - some people really do love 'all music' but I'm just too picky for that PLUS I do sometimes like to go to sleep early and I suspect I'm not alone.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cottage rental available on the ocean

Hey Brooklyn,

That's all the eats, music and dancing that you can take before you drop.

I DO remember those days...only yesterday for me...lol...when all we did all night was dance, dance, dance into the wee hours after working during the evening (and then snoozing on the beach during the morning hours) in another summer resort town every season all through the college years. (See what you have to look forward to worrying about Adm. Halsey?)

My hope is that some 20 somethings can enjoy the great location of these accommodations. This is not a post for the fuddie duddies who we are now....I kid.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cottage rental available on the ocean

C3,

Am I right /w/ the timelines?

"But that line up is from 50 years ago!"

Not really, but this one is:

Noel Neill, Jack Larson, William Frawley, Vivian Vance & Jean Billingsley.

"Aren’t all those artists dead or in the geriatric ward?"

I think Ms. Neill & Mr. Larson are alive...Mr. Plant just shared a Grammy - I think, The Lizard King is still 6' under in Paris, Bruce is being aquainted with the NJ State judicial system.

Slowhand will be touring /w/ 1/4 - 1/2 of Blind Faith later this year. He usually reserves the Garden (instead of Nassua Col.) for not less than 3 nites - I saw him /w/ Bruce & Baker.

"I think CCC's adive that you love 'all the music' is right on - some people really do love 'all music' but I'm just too picky for that PLUS I do sometimes like to go to sleep early and I suspect I'm not alone"

I too love all music except maybe classical, country, barouque, vaudeville and severe ethnic and cultural stuff. Or whatever the Muzak plays in the elevator at the Swedish Hospital, if they still do.

"PLUS I do sometimes like to go to sleep early and I suspect I'm never alone".

ADM HALSEY

9. Re: Cottage rental available on the ocean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Wellfleet