We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to find the freshest live lobster near Wellfleet

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Where to find the freshest live lobster near Wellfleet

I'm heading to Wellfleet for a week and I'm looking for the best place to buy some live lobsters (2+ pounds preferably). Having gotten back from Maine, where there are lobster pounds on every wharf, I would prefer to buy our lobster from a wholesale kind of place rather than an over-priced fancy fish market/restaurant. If anybody has recommendations, or can quote some recent market prices it would be greatly appreciated. I'm willing to drive about 5-10 miles if necessary.

Reading...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to find the freshest live lobster near Wellfleet

Thank you for the friendly advice!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to find the freshest live lobster near Wellfleet

Stop and Shop is a good choice for fresh lobster. As an aside, I think Maine lobsters are a little sweeter than Cape lobsters but I'm no expert on lobster meat.

boston
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to find the freshest live lobster near Wellfleet

I am looking for 8 chicken lobsters for Saturday, May 28. Can you help us and what is the price?

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,488 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to find the freshest live lobster near Wellfleet

jarad1: this is a very old post and this forum is intended for tourism uses. It is not for shopping services.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,848 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Where to find the freshest live lobster near Wellfleet

Jarad, the Cape is a big place. all of the places mentioned are good. Call someplace near where you are staying and ask the price. It makes no sense to drive 30-40 miles round trip just to buy live lobster.

At this time of year the local lobsterman are trapping as much as they can and sales are brisk. Dare I say it is tough not to find fresh lobsters?

Have fun!

16. Re: Where to find the freshest live lobster near Wellfleet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2017, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Wellfleet