We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torrey Hotels

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,352 posts
426 reviews
Save Topic
Torrey Hotels

Hard to believe, but for all the times we've been through Torrey we've never stayed there. We're doing a one-night pass through next week.

If our choices are Rim Rock, Red Sands or Sandstone, any preferences? All we need is a convenient, clean, cheap room. Memorable experience is not necessary. Austin's is full.

Thanks!

Hondoo Rivers and Trails
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Cultural Tours, Photography Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,367 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Torrey Hotels

Other than Austin's we've only stayed in the BW and the Comfort Inn. Both are on the east end of town closer to Capital Reef NP. Like you, we just needed a room. They were pet friendly and worked for us.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,352 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Torrey Hotels

The Comfort Inn is confusing. It's showing on my Google Maps, but not on the Comfort Inn (Choice Hotels) website. Maybe it changed. I also asked the Comfort in Green River tonight and they said there isn't one there. I would have liked that as I need one more Comfort stay to get a $50 gas card.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,367 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Torrey Hotels

It's been almost 2 years since I was there, so it might have changed. Send a PM to KillerBob. He can let you know what's there. There are a couple of places clustered there on the north side of the road and a privately owned place on the south side.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,352 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Torrey Hotels

Thanks, I figured KillerBob would pick this up sometime. We're looking forward to it. We've not been through there in a few years - we tend to just gravitate down to Green River and Moab. So I figured we would hit a night there then head to GR and down to Moab for Jeep Safari.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Torrey Hotels

Methinks Comfort Inn is a Howard Johnson now. hojo.com/HowardJohnson/… Not sure though. The BW made a pleasant stay. Have a great trip T&C.

Tet

Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Torrey Hotels

Sent a message.

There's nothing wrong with any of the motels mentioned, all three are very serviceable. There is no Comfort Inn any more, it is indeed a HoJo but there is no sign saying so, it's the motel back behind the Sinclair gas station half way between the 12/24 junction and the Rim Rock. There was a temporary sign last year but it blew away over the winter. I was in the building for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it looks nice.

The Sandstone is up on the hill above the 12/24 junction, nice views over the valley and of Boulder Mountain, easily found by locating the very large flag pole which is actually a cell tower. The Rim Rock is a couple of miles east towards the park, fabulous views of the cliffs especially at sunset. The Red Sands is just west of the junction of 12/24 and is the only place with interior corridors if that matters to you, be sure to take a look at the red rock carvings around the motel.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
485 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Torrey Hotels

Maybe that answers a question we had killer_bob! We noticed a flag waaaaay up on a hill somewhere between Escalante and Kiva and thought it was really weird but beautiful. Do you know if that's a cell tower too? What an absolutely cool idea! Takes away that cell tower look with a nice patriotic symbol.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,352 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Torrey Hotels

Thanks for the advice. We settled on Rimrock based on price and perceived views from the website.

On to dining advice. We were planning Cafe Diablo. But what's the opinion on the restaurant at Rimrock which seems to be highly tauted? There's something about being able to just walk to your room after dinner.

Thanks, all.

Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Torrey Hotels

The Rim Rock is a fine restaurant, more traditional presentation of meals than Diablo. Fantastic sunset views of the cliffs, sit on the side with the tables rather than the booths. There are great views from the booth area too, just not as expansive as through the big windows on the other side. If you go for an upscale dish try the steaks, they are fantastic. At the lower end I like and frequently eat the Lee Van Cleef meatballs and spaghetti, filling! Last season their soups were amazing.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,352 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Torrey Hotels

Thanks, you've convinced me on the spaghetti and meatballs probably. As much of a foodie as I am, I can't pass up a plate of spaghetti.

Thanks a lot for your insights. We're looking forward to our trip.